Thoughts on the Ronin?

Reaction score
Hey, ya'll.

I am currently looking in to getting a DJI Ronin and had a few questions.

What are your thoughts on the Ronin?
Does anyone else already own one?
Any issues with cameras that I should be aware of?
Best dealer to buy the Ronin from?

For what I have seen around , the Ronin is the most cost effective solution. Cheaper and as good as movi and co, and apparently reliable for the price. I feel a bit old to run with it, but if not, I would be really tempted...
I play this video in loop...!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fRyfQT09jk

sergekouper said:
For what I have seen around , the Ronin is the most cost effective solution. Cheaper and as good as movi and co, and apparently reliable for the price. I feel a bit old to run with it, but if not, I would be really tempted...
I play this video in loop...!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fRyfQT09jk

That was awesome! Believe me, I'm also very tempted... Also trying to determine where I should purchase it from.

I have a ronin was the logical next piece of kit to my film making and wow !!! Gone is my slider gone is my flycam and the 24hrs it take me to set that up . In 5-7 min your up and filming but work them arms its not light...

Yeah we've got one here too. The pipe dolly has been given the flick and the Ronin has been used many times on videos we have made.

Very impressive bit of kit when used correctly

hotstink626 said:
I have a ronin was the logical next piece of kit to my film making and wow !!! Gone is my slider gone is my flycam and the 24hrs it take me to set that up . In 5-7 min your up and filming but work them arms its not light...

Thanks for the responses, ya'll! By chance, where did you purchase your Ronin?

Joel_t said:
Yeah we've got one here too. The pipe dolly has been given the flick and the Ronin has been used many times on videos we have made.

Very impressive bit of kit when used correctly

They look, AWESOME. :p Definitely the next step in film work.

Well, my decision for where to purchase just got a lot easier. Someone just posted that Dronefly.com is offering free $200 Visa gift cards if you spend more than $2,500. Looks like today is the day I buy the Ronin! Hopefully the wife doesn't mind :D

MrDrone27 said:
hotstink626 said:

MrDrone27, one of the better places to get the Ronin is from UAV-Outlet.. They offer Almost 24/7 support and actually answer phones when called..

904-800-7725
http://www.uav-outlet.com/products/dji- ... lizer.html

i'm in australia so don't think i can help you with any retailers. mine is sort of on a lender purchase from a friend that sells the Ronin just don't tell his sales rep. ;)

Motoxer311 said:
MrDrone27 said:
hotstink626 said:

MrDrone27, one of the better places to get the Ronin is from UAV-Outlet.. They offer Almost 24/7 support and actually answer phones when called..

904-800-7725
http://www.uav-outlet.com/products/dji- ... lizer.html

Hey, man. I went ahead and got it from Dronefly.
I have spoken with them multiple times, and have had them pick up the phone every time. You should check them out also! I'm extremely pleased with their service. :mrgreen:

Enjoy spend some time the first time setting it up what type of camera are you using on it and what lens ?

hotstink626 said:
Enjoy spend some time the first time setting it up what type of camera are you using on it and what lens ?

I plan on using a GH4 with it. A friend of mine also has the Red which will be fun to strap on there :p Do you also own a Ronin? What camera do you use?

Using the gh4 as well camera is nice a light . well the red will indeed be epic to use on a ronin work them arms .. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl