This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

DB what kind of range did you get with your 15 turn with out booster?
You know, I'll have to look back through these posts, but I don't know if I tried the 15 turn without boosters on this P3standard! I did use the 15 turn/itelite panel combo with the P2V+ for about two months straight before I went boosted and I was getting 15 to 16,000 feet before losing control signal (unboosted) I don't know if that helps any! I'll tell you what, look back in the post and see if you see where I used it unboosted,on one of my next flights with the standard I was going to try the terminator again unboosted, I'll go ahead and leave the 15 turn unboosted also and report back!

You know, I'll have to look back through these posts, but I don't know if I tried the 15 turn without boosters on this P3standard! I did use the 15 turn/itelite panel combo with the P2V+ for about two months straight before I went boosted and I was getting 15 to 16,000 feet before losing control signal (unboosted) I don't know if that helps any! I'll tell you what, look back in the post and see if you see where I used it unboosted,on one of my next flights with the standard I was going to try the terminator again unboosted, I'll go ahead and leave the 15 turn unboosted also and report back!
Yes is does. I don't have a P3s only a P2V+ & P3a. I'm thinking on getting one for the P2v+. I have like 3 tripods ;). I hooked up a patch antenna to the tx and I'm getting 6 to 7000 feet on the P2v+
Thanks again.

Yes is does. I don't have a P3s only a P2V+ & P3a. I'm thinking on getting one for the P2v+. I have like 3 tripods ;). I hooked up a patch antenna to the tx and I'm getting 6 to 7000 feet on the P2v+
Thanks again.
Yes then, even UNboosted the 15 turn is the best control signal I've found for the p2v+ (even though it's unconventional) it outperformed the unboosted itelite 5.8 signal

Now that is funny because I was looking at the ITELITE kit.
I'm not trying to discourage you from getting it it's a great antenna, if you look early on in this thread that's what I started using to get this whole thing going. And boosted it's going to work amazing, just not by itself. But it will increase your range.
Now that I put it on the back burner and started using this Terminator and other things, if you want to give it a try I'll send it to you you can borrow for a little bit

I'm not trying to discourage you from getting it it's a great antenna, if you look early on in this thread that's what I started using to get this whole thing going. And boosted it's going to work amazing, just not by itself. But it will increase your range.
Now that I put it on the back burner and started using this Terminator and other things, if you want to give it a try I'll send it to you you can borrow for a little bit
can you email me please. phxbird57 gmail

Here is my 18k in my P3a

Hey dirtybum what app go you use for the P2v+. I've been using Litchi so I can upload the data to flightreplay. With my P3a I still use DJI GO.
I've tried all the 3rd party apps( still have em on my device)
But i've issues w/ most of them so I now only use dji vision &go!

I seen you are using tracking devise on the drones. I'm not sure it works the same as Litchi. I was bring my P2V+ back on a very low battery. IT ended up landing about 895 ft away. I was losing me telemetry, last post 895 ft, I was thinking it was directly in front on me and I seen on my screen the dot for the drone to my right. I walked where the dot was and there was my drone setting pretty. It had a 50/50 change of loading on some brush. So Litchi saves last know location.

I use flytrex on all my a/c accept standard, because standard is compatible w/ flytrx
I have not use DJI vision very much. I do like the idea of saving the flight data which vision does not do. Besides Litchi gives you allot of the option you get with DJI Go. Many its the data I like.

What do you think db. 15 turn with fpvlr or 15 turn with Terminator? I don't plan on using a tripod at the moment, I got a harness I like using. Is the term just as heavy as your setup with the fpvlr?

I took the standard unboosted to 36,000 feet probably could've went way further with the Terminator. There's no better argument than that

Reactions: phxbird57
Yeah you can use the Terminator with a harness, it's way heavier than FPVLR,but you couldn't use the FPVLR unboosed that far on the standard! You could just use the terminator for your long-distance stuff or keep it on all the time and go down to 20 feet off the ground behind some trees if you want

Reactions: phxbird57
Hey guys, it's been a few days since I put any airtime on the P3S. I've been running those distance tests on the P3P/A using the Terminator!
As a result of some of those impressive numbers using the Terminator on both P3P,A,&S Horizon antennas has placed me on their test pilot program for the P3S as well other models.
The way I understand it here in the coming days I should be receiving the Horizon Terminator Extreme 5.8 model. That's the huge 19 dB version!
So at that point we will begin testing again on this thread the P3standard using that antenna, starting UNboosted of course!
Just wanted you to know I have not
abandoned these tests or this thread, I just got a lot of different tests to run with very little time. I'll keep you posted[emoji41]

Reactions: seb evans

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West