This is apparently common - my P4+ plummeted

Reaction score
Hey guys - newbie here. Haven't done a forum in ages, but today on a real estate shoot after about 5 minutes of flight time, my P4 Pro+ lost power and just plummeted from about 200 feet up and crash landed on the roof of the $1.7 million dollar lake home I was shooting. After googling, I was able to pull the flight log, but have no way to transpose it. Also seems to be a common issue with these? Thanks in advance.
96734905_10158650503718463_5156678361396805632_o.jpg

my P4 Pro+ lost power and just plummeted from about 200 feet up and crash landed
Also seems to be a common issue with these? Thanks in advance.
Although it happens, it's not a common issue at all.
I was able to pull the flight log, but have no way to transpose it.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Reactions: Larry L
Sorry to hear about yet another P4 falling out of the sky. If I recall, there is an issue with the battery popping out.

Upload the flight log anf then come back a post the link. Several people here can read these and explain.

Reactions: Capt KO
Hope I attached this correctly......thanks guys. I upgraded to this from a P3 and I've never had a single issue with this one until today. I use this almost weekly for work and I'm sick over this!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-05-09_[13-46-00].pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 329
Sorry to hear about yet another P4 falling out of the sky. If I recall, there is an issue with the battery popping out.

Upload the flight log anf then come back a post the link. Several people here can read these and explain.

I think the battery popping out problem is caused from not pushing it in far enough. With my P4P v2.0, I have to grab the battery, squeeze both sides hard to release the catches and pull with considerable force to remove the battery. If installed correctly, I can't imagine any battery "popping out" in flight.

Hope I attached this correctly......thanks guys. I upgraded to this from a P3 and I've never had a single issue with this one until today. I use this almost weekly for work and I'm sick over this!
Almost .. but not quite.
If you can post the .txt file rather than saving it as a pdf, it would be good.

let's try this again.....lol

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-07-25_[16-08-34].txt
    1.6 MB · Views: 282
I think the battery popping out problem is caused from not pushing it in far enough. With my P4P v2.0, I have to grab the battery, squeeze both sides hard to release the catches and pull with considerable force to remove the battery. If installed correctly, I can't imagine any battery "popping out" in flight.
Exactly. It had something to do with the catches and it would disconnect just enough to lose power.

Before I go to work on that .txt file, it's from 2019 so it's probably the wrong one.
We're probably looking for one with the file name: DJIFlightRecord_2020-05-09_[13-46-00].txt
I uploaded this and couldn't see anything. It appears it landed just fine. House is on Milton Lane. No lake :<

Last edited:
Crap. WTH - I don't know why it downloaded that one. Hang tight.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-05-09_[13-46-00].txt
    858.8 KB · Views: 251
Hang tight.
That's the right file, the flight data looks like this: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

There are no obvious indications of anything that would cause the fall.
The battery was full at launch and healtyh a second before the fall.
You flew very gently the whole time with no full stick movements.
Shortly before the end of data, you had been hovering for a while and then gave it a little left stick down to descend.
Maybe that could have dislodged a battery if it wasn't properly latched, but it's not possible to tell if that's what happened.

Reactions: JTotten
That's the right file, the flight data looks like this: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

There are no obvious indications of anything that would cause the fall.
The battery was full at launch and healtyh a second before the fall.
You flew very gently the whole time with no full stick movements.
Shortly before the end of data, you had been hovering for a while and then gave it a little left stick down to descend.
Maybe that could have dislodged a battery if it wasn't properly latched, but it's not possible to tell if that's what happened.
That's odd that it shows it not moving at all - height or distance - I was in the process of bringing it down a bit lower to start heading over the lake to get my fly in shots when it happened. It wasn't just sitting there hovering in the same place for any length of time. I brought it up a bit higher to get a full property shot but it wouldn't have taken that long.

That's odd that it shows it not moving at all - height or distance - I was in the process of bringing it down a bit lower to start heading over the lake to get my fly in shots when it happened. It wasn't just sitting there hovering in the same place for any length of time. I brought it up a bit higher to get a full property shot but it wouldn't have taken that long.

Dont feel to bad, this is a known issue with the P4 and has gotten quite a few seasoned pilots if it turns out to be the battery eject.

Here is video I made of the battery problem and if its not the battery , at least you will be aware.
Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain
Coal

Reactions: tonikg and JTotten
Dont feel to bad, this is a known issue with the P4 and has gotten quite a few seasoned pilots if it turns out to be the battery eject.

Here is video I made of the battery problem and if its not the battery , at least you will be aware.
Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain
Coal

Thanks - I'm not seasoned by any means, but still can't believe this happened. I'm always so careful with my gear. I appreciate everyone's help in here and not laughing me out of the place.....lol

Hey guys - newbie here. Haven't done a forum in ages, but today on a real estate shoot after about 5 minutes of flight time, my P4 Pro+ lost power and just plummeted from about 200 feet up and crash landed on the roof of the $1.7 million dollar lake home I was shooting. After googling, I was able to pull the flight log, but have no way to transpose it. Also seems to be a common issue with these? Thanks in advance. View attachment 118580
Did the battery maybe just become disconnected mid flight? Mine was having issues properly securing and when it was grounded the battery was no longer in it. Seems like normal ware and tare. I never crashed before but I was aware of that issue before it crashed, just never expected it to just drop.

Sorry for your loss. Many things can go wrong while flying your drone. That is why I keep all my equipment insured. Best wishes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka