Thinking about making the switch...

Do a search here and a Google search asking about issues, problems, flyaways, ect. You'll prbly find posts and statements answering that question. I myself prefer the P3A.

I have had my Mavic fly off on me twice now. I want to switch to a phantom 4 pro +. Is the drone having any major problems as of now?
Phantoms (and Mavics) don't fly off.
I'd suggest it would be good to investigate the causes of your flight incidents and learn what happened to make you think the Mavic was flying away.
You'll be a lot safer flying any drone with the knowledge you'd gain.

If you want to learn from the experience and be able to avoid similar occurrences:
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone here might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

Reactions: dirkclod
Phantoms (and Mavics) don't fly off.
I'd suggest it would be good to investigate the causes of your flight incidents and learn what happened to make you think the Mavic was flying away.
You'll be a lot safer flying any drone with the knowledge you'd gain.

If you want to learn from the experience and be able to avoid similar occurrences:
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone here might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

I was using my mavic when it happened... I have the .dat and a .csv log file. I tried uploading both to the phantom help and it failed... The forum won't let me upload the csv but here is the dat file... if you or someone could look at that I would really appreciate it! In my flight compass cut out then it started flying top speed back and to the right. There was no wind. I killed the motors after.

Attachments

• 2017-08-20 19_53_10-08RDE3H00100U3.dat
    529 bytes · Views: 253
Upload the csv to the phantom log viewer from your display device, not healthy drones.

Yes, the file times out uploading. Mabey the site is not working. Where is that csv from?

Opening it up in note pad there's a whole lotta "WEAK GPS" entries.

If you call DJI, there might be a new one in your future as a replacement.

If you call DJI, there might be a new one in your future as a replacement.
I recovered the drone and have care refresh. I posted here because I was wondering if the phantom is less buggy. I was considering selling whatever new mavic dji gives me to buy a p4p but I don’t know...

Personally I would prefer a Phantom. I have no interest in the mavic. I've bought 4 P3's and am quite pleased with them.

I was using my mavic when it happened... I have the .dat and a .csv log file. I tried uploading both to the phantom help and it failed... .
That's because you have to upload the .txt file from your phone or tablet.
It doesn't accept a dat file or CSV.
Follow the instructions and try again with the txt file.

Props are slightly visible at level horizon on full acceleration or in winds at times. Not really a problem.

Reactions: ceschulz
That's because you have to upload the .txt file from your phone or tablet.
It doesn't accept a dat file or CSV.
Follow the instructions and try again with the txt file.
My drone only delivers csv and dat files

Navigate on your display device in DJI go. Folder called flight records I think.

Use a file manager to find the correct folder.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymoo