Theory on how to save V+ gimbal ribbon

Reaction score
Guys, I do not own a V+ yet, but I have seen enough videos to have a theory. The way I understand, people who break their ribbon is because the gimbal separate from the craft? Is that it? If it is, would there be a way to ty-rap the gimbal to the mount just tight enough that it prevent them from separating but not too much so it can allow movement ?

Does that make sense?

It isn't the gimbal separating from the aircraft. It is that the camera separates at one of its articulated joints from the rest of the gimbal. When this occurs, the ribbon is usually broken.

Actually they will even break from the sharp snap at impact. I have sheered a cable and never separated anything.

I have( 2 ) vision plus and to let you know had one like what you said happened. both DJI has refused to help even when the problems I have had are updated now from them. I have even been to one of their service centers in person and they told me mine was all jacked up. but here soon looking for people with the problems to sign up on a website for issues with the camera.. like dji ask for and get everyone complaints to them .. I have been working thru their bull with no results to solve anything

Cant even buy a stock one; there is no extended size manufactured.

flyingtim said:
Good News on getting a Stock Cable:
viewtopic.php?t=23677

No good news yet, it was a limited qty which are long gone since and who knows if there ever will be more.

Like with so many things there is not one single cause that can result into the ribbon cable snapping nor is there a miraculous fix that will prevent it from happening. Some possible causes which I know of are listed below

1.) physical damage due to being struck by branches when falling through a tree, rocks when hitting uneven ground,.... Most vulnerable areas are the sections where the ribbon cable folds around edges near the servos especially the lower one. Sections can be reinforced with some layers of tape to reduce chance that the ribbon cable gets damaged or completely torn apart on contact with objects where the force is not enough to tear the gimbal apart. Also a cross brace on the bottom of the legs can reduce the chance of foreign matter reaching the vulnerable areas.

2.) 2nd up/down servo separating due to impact or due to lose servo shaft (usually preceded by gimbal going crazy) causing the ribbon cable to snap or to get damaged while the camera is tangling around. Repair with replacement ribbon might be possible but the servo also needs to be fixed.

3.) Lower tilt servo shaft snaps due to impact causing the ribbon cable to snap or get damaged while the camera is tangling around. New ribbon cable won't do any good in this case unless the lower servo with shaft is also available as replacement. IMO this one is the most common failure if the phantom hits the ground hard.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart