The Wondering Hover

Reaction score
my phantom 2v will not stay still in hover, It seems to not know its home point. Yet when I calibrate the compass all systems are go. I have good GPS signal and I have the latest firmware updates????

Can anyone help????

my phantom 2v will not stay still in hover, It seems to not know its home point. Yet when I calibrate the compass all systems are go. I have good GPS signal and I have the latest firmware updates????

Can anyone help????
What Movements is it doing? Is it doing the toilet bowl effect or is it drifting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You say good GPS..like how many sat's are you showing and when you did the advanced cal it was dead level right .
I mean like you did use a level to be sure . I use a piece of glass across al 4 motor shafts and shim the skids up till it is dead level .
It will make a difference .

Reactions: Mark The Droner
You say good GPS..like how many sat's are you showing and when you did the advanced cal it was dead level right .
I mean like you did use a level to be sure . I use a piece of glass across al 4 motor shafts and shim the skids up till it is dead level .
It will make a difference .

I just did a fresh IMU CAL today, I did the opposite and put the craft on glass and shimmed the glass. In any orientation, IMHO you can't beat glass and some levels to really get that calibration nailed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just did a fresh IMU CAL today, I did the opposite and put the craft on glass and shimmed the glass. In any orientation, IMHO you can't beat glass and some levels to really get that calibration nailed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Agree . Way back and it's in here I tested setting it on a dead level glass the even took the shell off and leveled the FC . Ended up
just setting the glass on top as I thought if the props were level with each other then that would be the best.
I got in the habit of doing that and just never did anything else .
Now with the P3S I have I just set it on the glass but something that never occurred to me is with this one you get it cold then do the advan cal .
I have never done that with my Vision but gonna try and see what happens . Might be one of those ..oh-crap.. moments but ya never know :)

Is there a way to swap out the antennas on the Phantom itself? I see they are located under the main board. If so how? Also are they 5.8 ghz

Is there a way to swap out the antennas on the Phantom itself? I see they are located under the main board. If so how? Also are they 5.8 ghz
Look inside your battery hole and you will see them and not sure what you would swap them out with . All I have ever seen is external antennas
added . Look in mods and you will see what can be done .Not just in the Vision section but the P2V+ mods section .

This is a really stupid question but is your S1 switch in GPS mode or Atti mode? If in Atti mode your phantom will drift.

Reactions: dirkclod
This is a really stupid question but is your S1 switch in GPS mode or Atti mode? If in Atti mode your phantom will drift.
When it's up it's GPS Porky and in the middle it's ATTI and down RTH or Manual which ever you have set in naza.

Reactions: Clampit
Yep I know that so is he flying in Naza mode or phantom mode?

Or has he got the S2 switch in "lock" mode, top position, "course" lock, middle position or "home" lock bottom position, these modes are for Naza-M mode.

Just thought I'd ask the question;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Yep I know that so is he flying in Naza mode or phantom mode?

Or has he got the S2 switch in "lock" mode, top position, "course" lock, middle position or "home" lock bottom position, these modes are for Naza-M mode.

Just thought I'd ask the question;)
image.gif

Reactions: Clampit

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164