THE Ultimate Guide for all Phantom Vision and Vision+ owners

Re: THE Ultimate Guide for all Phantom Vision and Vision+ ow

zeuscraig1 said:
o and another worry i had is about descending, i was very scared about descending when holding the left stick (throttle) all the way down to come in for a landing as i know holding it down for longer then 3 seconds will cut motors off and i did not want this to happen 50 meters in the air while trying to descend. i now know this wont happen. i can hold left stick down fully for a minute and it wont cut motors off as long as the phantom detects that it is moving (downwards or zigzag down etc) until you land and it detects no movement for set time then it will shut motors off.

i descend with left stick fully down while also moving quad in a forward backward direction to try and avoid VRS and or a freak upward draft. which keeps the phantom still for 3 seconds lol. unlikely.

Dont know if this is mentioned in your guide.? this link is great to put in your guide if you do that for referance : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heIrawlJ4Vk
So how do you keep it from falling too fast if you lock it down like,that?And what does this video link have to do with the new version of the RC? Nothing that I can tell

zeuscraig1 said:
o and another worry i had is about descending, i was very scared about descending when holding the left stick (throttle) all the way down to come in for a landing as i know holding it down for longer then 3 seconds will cut motors off and i did not want this to happen 50 meters in the air while trying to descend. i now know this wont happen. i can hold left stick down fully for a minute and it wont cut motors off as long as the phantom detects that it is moving (downwards or zigzag down etc) until you land and it detects no movement for set time then it will shut motors off.

i descend with left stick fully down while also moving quad in a forward backward direction to try and avoid VRS and or a freak upward draft. which keeps the phantom still for 3 seconds lol. unlikely.

Dont know if this is mentioned in your guide.? this link is great to put in your guide if you do that for referance : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heIrawlJ4Vk

Yep, was already there (page 6). Told ya, people, this IS THE guide :D
Read it once and again...

cahutch said:
I'm sure it's not necessary. Some people do it just to re-set the altitude reading back to zero that that doesn't matter at all.

Necessary...no.
Recommended...maybe yes.

Better safe than sorry ;)

Fantomas said:
zeuscraig1 said:

Read it once and again...[/quote

But how do you feather the decent if you have locked the left stick Down?

Prylar Bek said:
Fantomas said:
zeuscraig1 said:

Read it once and again...[/quote

But how do you feather the decent if you have locked the left stick Down?

Page 18-19...
And, as an instructor friend of mine recommended...Circling down in small spirals using the right stick is the key.
This saved my bird more than once ;)
BUT I would NOT keep the left stick locked all the way down as you must also keep some control over the descent.

thanks As I thought

I still don't have mine yet, this week hopefully. I've been doing a lot of reading and watching videos. I found this very helpful and will certainly read it again and use it as a reference. Thanks for the effort! :cool:

From page 22:

So unless you are an expert or have a lot of flying experience, if you don’t get nervous flying this thing: DO NOT FLY. You will make a mistake, hit something/someone or crash it. Even though I have many hours of flight time, my hands are always swelling when I fly near obstacles...but that’s me. You forget something, one little thing, and BANG...you crash into a tree, a house, someone. This is a very expensive piece of machinery so know what you are doing and when/how to do it. AND always be prepared for the worst.

I think you meant sweating. If not, well, that's a whole different issue. :mrgreen:

Marlin009 said:
I still don't have mine yet, this week hopefully. I've been doing a lot of reading and watching videos. I found this very helpful and will certainly read it again and use it as a reference. Thanks for the effort! :cool:

From page 22:

So unless you are an expert or have a lot of flying experience, if you don’t get nervous flying this thing: DO NOT FLY. You will make a mistake, hit something/someone or crash it. Even though I have many hours of flight time, my hands are always swelling when I fly near obstacles...but that’s me. You forget something, one little thing, and BANG...you crash into a tree, a house, someone. This is a very expensive piece of machinery so know what you are doing and when/how to do it. AND always be prepared for the worst.

I think you meant sweating. If not, well, that's a whole different issue. :mrgreen:

:oops: :oops: :oops:
I just fixed it ...

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your browser.

First, I'd like to wish everyone an Happy, Prosperous, Blessed & Healthy New Year! :D

Now, as you may have guessed ;), there's a new version update of THE guide (v. Jan-06-2015) and it's available right NOW.

I've updated the guide with some new links.
Minor corrections here and there.

Be sure to download it otherwise you're missing something :)

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1hohc3mceym/DJI Phantom Vision Summary Guide.pdf?dl=0
Let me know what you think.

Enjoy, Fly Safely and Take Care.

There is no altimeter problem. The sensor is not cabable of the kind of accuracy people expect. It doesn't matter what the reading is, only that the reading changes in response to up/down.

New flyer here and just found your guide, great reading well done.

Fantomas said:
Well, now that I've got your attention:

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1hohc3mceym/DJI Phantom Vision Summary Guide.pdf?dl=0

Enjoy, Fly Safe and Take Care.

Fantomas THANKS.

Like many I've tempted into this hobby by the ease with which the P2V+ can be flown by people with no experience. After I bought it, but before I even unbowed it, I read your guide completely and followed all links. I wouldn't normally think of myself as overcautious, but I treat this like driving a car - which nobody would do without training. I can understand why DJI market this as "unbox, charge, fly" but I think anyone flying one needs to be aware of what can go wrong and how to recover from a failure of the automated systems.

I'm only a few weeks in but it's going well. I've flown in GPS and ATTI mode and am comfortable with CL and HL. Had I not read your guide the RC would still be in Phantom mode instead of NAZA-M and I would not be practising ready for the worst.

Recommended reading for all new pilots. Thanks

RhythMick said:
Fantomas said:
Well, now that I've got your attention:

Here's the link:

Enjoy, Fly Safe and Take Care.

Fantomas THANKS.

Like many I've tempted into this hobby by the ease with which the P2V+ can be flown by people with no experience. After I bought it, but before I even unbowed it, I read your guide completely and followed all links. I wouldn't normally think of myself as overcautious, but I treat this like driving a car - which nobody would do without training. I can understand why DJI market this as "unbox, charge, fly" but I think anyone flying one needs to be aware of what can go wrong and how to recover from a failure of the automated systems.

I'm only a few weeks in but it's going well. I've flown in GPS and ATTI mode and am comfortable with CL and HL. Had I not read your guide the RC would still be in Phantom mode instead of NAZA-M and I would not be practising ready for the worst.

Recommended reading for all new pilots. Thanks

Thanks a lot.

Comments like yours keep me going in making this guide THE ultimate one.

Thanks again and fly safe.

Fantomas

I am getting a 404 error downloading to android. Do I have to use a PC?

Nop, try again, it should work.

gary1968 said:
Still getting the 404 error......

Send me your email by PM. I'll send you back a copy.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z