THE Ultimate Guide for all Phantom Vision and Vision+ owners

Re: THE Ultimate Guide for all Phantom Vision and Vision+ ow

Cowboy, nervous about landings to start with as well but learnt 2 things from this document and other advice. 1) Learn to catch your Phantom and 2) If you are going to land it don't shut it down by pulling the sticks to the corners just hold descend for 3 seconds to cut off the power as the drone may (and I've experienced it) decide to sort of take off again and cause it to tip over risking your props

Wheres the part about learning how to catch? Better to learn how to land prorperly. Better piloting. You won't get sliced that way!

That comes under other advice mate, and I catch because I had a tip over and find it easier to catch than land until I get better at controlling the machine close to the ground

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your browser. ;)

There's a new version update of THE guide (v. Nov-24-2014) and it's available right NOW.

I've updated the guide with some new links on the 3.08 update from DJI.
For some of us, winter is coming...So I've added a few links on winter flying.
Minor corrections here and there.

Be sure to download it otherwise you're missing something :)

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1hohc3mceym/DJI Phantom Vision Summary Guide.pdf?dl=0
Let me know what you think.

Enjoy, Fly Safely and Take Care.

Thanks for the updated guide.
I agree with the learn to catch comment from Embraer. I can land my PV2+ fine on level short cropped grass with no problem but where I fly on the moors quite often the terrain is unsuitable for easy landing. Even taking off on the moors I have to search for a suitable moor stone to balance my machine on first.

I now regularly fly the machine back to me reach up slightly and catch hold of the lower part of the landing gear . The important points to avoid damage to yourself is to have the machine slightly above you when you hold the landing gear and to make sure that you hold the quadcopter level and in the same orientation at the point you catch it until you have turned off the props.

Great addition to my knowledge base. But answer me this. One my first flight I get the green lights. Two sets all good. Fly away fly back. Change batts. THEN. I only get flashing greens lights no solid green lights as on my initial flight. Position the same. No change. Does this mean course lock not activated and I need to recalibrate for home lock or because I have not changed position it doesn't need to require a HL signal?

Flashing green is normal, isn't it?

Yes,I believe so.

Yep :p

Page 12 of THE guide:
- Wait until the Rear Led slowly blink Green for at least 10-15 seconds to make sure Phantom has acquired
enough GPS Satellite(6+), has Locked/Marked your Home Point (for FAILSAFE(RTH)/Home Lock(HL) mode)
and set Home Orientation (for Course Lock(CL) mode). Best if left standing for 1-2 min to make sure it has a
solid and stable GPS satellites lock and Home Point/Orientation are set.

Fly Safe

FANTOMAS, are you of the habit of once you have done the dance and locked,etc., to turn off (cycle) the bird off then on before liftoff?

Prylar Bek said:
FANTOMAS, are you of the habit of once you have done the dance and locked,etc., to turn off (cycle) the bird off then on before liftoff?

It is recommended after each compass calibration but I rarely do it :oops:

BTW, A new version of THE guide is available but I only removed the section about "Props Guard Quick Release".
They're simply NOT designed/manufactured properly to hold on tight. They fell off WAY TOO EASILY!
DO NOT BUY!

Check here for more info :
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30665

Hi phantomas.....
i have not had time to read all of your guide but i'am very impressed with what you have done with it.. here is my contribution that i would like to see in your guide or not but feel this information alot of people wont know about and will in certain situation come in very handy for them.

......return to home feature...fail safe.... as we know if fail safe is activated your quad will RISE to 20 meters or pre-set amount and return to 'home point' which was set. What i didn't realize was that if your phantom was flying above the rth set height lets say 50 meters and fail safe was activated it would not descend to 20 meters and return to home, in fact it would just return to home at that height . This is a great feature to know about in case you have walked past some really high trees or building, and if you are not sure how high they are or what your pre-set rth is and you lost orientation of quad or lost nearly sight of it just hit full throttle so it rises into the sky above all dangerous obstacles then hit rth it will travel at the height as long as its above the set limit or put it into home lock either way helps :).

..... when updating your phantoms firmware it decides to go crazy and make the loudest beeping noise, which sounds like an internal error has happened and you immediately want to turn it off. i feel this should be mentioned that its part of the update and not to panic like me lol. i went crazy and thought i had destroyed my phantom. Also i didn't know when your connection has been lost while updating your phantom, it will go into pause mode. the beeping sound may be activated but it will actually pause its update on the phantom it self not on your pc so no damage is done (i dont think). all you got to do is then reconnect the cable and it will continue to update. Just don't turn the phantom off completely while doing this process.,

when i update my phantoms firmware my usb disconnects all the time. it doesn't when updating say the battery of other features just the main firmware of the phantom. i don't know if this happens to anyone else., and my phantom makes that god awful beeping sound like its about to explode. well all i do is unplug from pc and re plug back in and it will finish updating it and then just power cycle your phantom.

i feel these two points re-worded to your magic should be mention and are great to know about (just in case it crops up)

zeuscraig1 said:
Hi phantomas.....
i have not had time to read all of your guide but i'am very impressed with what you have done with it.. here is my contribution that i would like to see in your guide or not but feel this information alot of people wont know about and will in certain situation come in very handy for them.

......return to home feature...fail safe.... as we know if fail safe is activated your quad will RISE to 20 meters or pre-set amount and return to 'home point' which was set. What i didn't realize was that if your phantom was flying above the rth set height lets say 50 meters and fail safe was activated it would not descend to 20 meters and return to home, in fact it would just return to home at that height . This is a great feature to know about in case you have walked past some really high trees or building, and if you are not sure how high they are or what your pre-set rth is and you lost orientation of quad or lost nearly sight of it just hit full throttle so it rises into the sky above all dangerous obstacles then hit rth it will travel at the height as long as its above the set limit or put it into home lock either way helps :).

..... when updating your phantoms firmware it decides to go crazy and make the loudest beeping noise, which sounds like an internal error has happened and you immediately want to turn it off. i feel this should be mentioned that its part of the update and not to panic like me lol. i went crazy and thought i had destroyed my phantom. Also i didn't know when your connection has been lost while updating your phantom, it will go into pause mode. the beeping sound may be activated but it will actually pause its update on the phantom it self not on your pc so no damage is done (i dont think). all you got to do is then reconnect the cable and it will continue to update. Just don't turn the phantom off completely while doing this process.,

when i update my phantoms firmware my usb disconnects all the time. it doesn't when updating say the battery of other features just the main firmware of the phantom. i don't know if this happens to anyone else., and my phantom makes that god awful beeping sound like its about to explode. well all i do is unplug from pc and re plug back in and it will finish updating it and then just power cycle your phantom.

i feel these two points re-worded to your magic should be mention and are great to know about (just in case it crops up)

Hi,

The RTH information is already in THE guide. ;)

Anyone else having issues with the beeping or usb disconnection?

Fantomas said:
Prylar Bek said:

It is recommended after each compass calibration but I rarely do it :oops:

Let me rephrase that a bit:
It is recommended after each compass calibration but I always forget to do it ;)

Not arguing, but where is the reboot recommended ?
Would of thought it would say in the App to reboot.. just like it does when you update (well that in the assistant software obviously)

Yeah I would tend to agree with you.
Don't think its necessary.. Was just checking incase I was missing something...

Suppose it can't hurt to do it.. so each to there own :)

OK cool, thank-you phatamus. Just wondering am i the only only one with my phantom vision who has the beeping noise when i update my firmware? and i also lost USB connection and have to unplug the USB from my pc not the phantom side and plug it back it and it automatically begins the update process again with no problem.
i have received no after effects from this problem 20 flights in but scared me first time and phantom assistance says no more updates. just curious if this is only happening to me.

o and another worry i had is about descending, i was very scared about descending when holding the left stick (throttle) all the way down to come in for a landing as i know holding it down for longer then 3 seconds will cut motors off and i did not want this to happen 50 meters in the air while trying to descend. i now know this wont happen. i can hold left stick down fully for a minute and it wont cut motors off as long as the phantom detects that it is moving (downwards or zigzag down etc) until you land and it detects no movement for set time then it will shut motors off.

i descend with left stick fully down while also moving quad in a forward backward direction to try and avoid VRS and or a freak upward draft. which keeps the phantom still for 3 seconds lol. unlikely.

Dont know if this is mentioned in your guide.? this link is great to put in your guide if you do that for referance : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heIrawlJ4Vk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl