The ThinkTank Airport Helipak

Reaction score
Does anyone have this backpack? I took a quick look at it today and it's a bit "square", but otherwise looks like a really solid option. I especially like that there is room to store drone stuff AND dSLR stuff. One thing that seems to be completely not supported is a tripod. Do you guys ever use this with a tripod - is there any way to attach one?

It's a popular backpack. You can find a lot of reviews here on Amazon.

Check out the Procraft backpack too. It's very similar and is about half the price of the Think Tank Airport Helipak.

...I love mine! - lots of room for extra "stuff" - soft but stiff, never worry about minor bangs and small drops - super comfortable harness setup for hauling miles into the wilderness - tripod: I stuff head end into side pocket and secure legs to top handle with Velcro strap or bungee cord.

Love mine too. Fantastic quality, and warranty for life.
Can get lots of my canon stuff in as well as the p3s.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have this backpack as well and my only issue is that I wish it was about 1 inch deeper so that the motors aren't sticking up slighting. It's not that big of a deal but still wish it was slightly deeper. Anyway what size tripod are you planning on using? There really isn't anywhere on the pack to attach a tripod unless you get creative with it.

Love mine too. Fantastic quality, and warranty for life.
Can get lots of my canon stuff in as well as the p3s.

I have this backpack as well and my only issue is that I wish it was about 1 inch deeper so that the motors aren't sticking up slighting. It's not that big of a deal but still wish it was slightly deeper. Anyway what size tripod are you planning on using? There really isn't anywhere on the pack to attach a tripod unless you get creative with it.

It's a Feisol 3441T - about 20in folded. Do you have any details pics of the helipak with the P4? I certainly don't want to invest in a new bag, not designed for the P4, only to have it potentially damage the drone (or the drone slowly rip away at the bag!). I also suppose IF they made it deeper, it risk not being carry-on anymore either...

f3dbbc4816f4be6e63539d154a6f9fd0.jpg

P3S, not the P4, and without Canon stuff.

Yeah you can see from the picture above that the screw for the props stick up and it sort of digs into the top part of the bag when closed. It hasn't really been a problem yet but maybe over time it might damage it. The good thing is that think tank has an awesome warranty so I'm not worried about it if it gets damaged. I own a few of their other bags and I love them all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl