The Legacy

Reaction score
My dad was an F4 Phantom reconnaissance pilot during the Vietnam era. I recently got my 107, and the drone I purchased is the Phantom 4. We both got a kick out of the similarity of the names, and I feel honored, but pretty inadequate to carry on his legacy. It just doesn't compare to what he accomplished. Pretty proud to be his son. Thanks Pop!

While its awesome that your dad served in Nam and was a pilot, You don't have to live up to anyone, you do the best you can and that's all anyone can ever ask of you and yourself.

Theo,
I feel the exact same. My father is a retired USAF Col. and C-130 instructor pilot.
I wanted to follow his footsteps more than anything, but closest I got was a private pilots license, without IFR, and my phantom 3...
They are right , we shouldn't feel the need to live up to their success, but it is very hard not to.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, don't get me wrong, I don't feel bad, I am just really impressed by what my old man and other pilots did with a thumb and four fingers on the stick, and a clipboard strapped to their leg to do fuel calculations on with a pencil.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl