P4 water damage

Reaction score
ok funny story.

Me and my roommate went half on the new DJI Phantom 4. It was cyber Monday so it was on sale for $999, we couldn't resist. We never flew a drone before. I have to admit the Phantom 4 pretty much flies itself. GREAT for beginners. Anyways, i went away for the weekend. While i was gone on a weekend trip, he said he swapped the white Phantom 4 we bought for the limited edition black one. Said there was no up-charge and he even bought an extra battery. I could care less what color it was so i was ok with it. Well he recently went on a road trip to California and took the drone to get some cross country footage. While he was gone i was restocking the toilet paper under his sink (yes random) and seen the white drone we had purchased there, just laying in the back corner. Obviously, i was confused. So when he got backed i asked about it. Long story short, he flew the drone into a lake, got home and put it in a huge trash bag full of rice (pounds and pounds of rice) and went and bought another one before i could see it missing. I laughed SO hard when he told me, I still can't believe it.

So now that you know my story, we now have 2 Phantom 4's. One works fine, the other has water damage. He said it was only in there 15-20 seconds by the time he got it out and put it completely submerged in rice immediately after. This was weeks ago and we still have yet to fire it up. Is there anything I should be doing or looking for before I give it a go? At the very least, i hope someone got a laugh out of this too. Any feedback will help. Thanks!

Reactions: Neon Euc
You say it has 'Water Damage', can you define that ?

I would suggest you remove the battery if you have not done that already and put the P4 in the top of the airing cupboard for a few days. You may be VERY LUCKY and find it still works OK (I've known it work with phones).

:rolleyes:o_O;):oops:Good Luck.

I would imagine you have 2 good ones. I dumped my P2V+ in the water upside down trying to get a picture and clipped a tiny freakin vine I couldn't see dangling from a tree, it jerked back and over and was in the stream for 2 minutes or so. Battery was shot but drone was perfectly fine after drying out.

I would imagine you have 2 good ones. I dumped my P2V+ in the water upside down trying to get a picture and clipped a tiny freakin vine I couldn't see dangling from a tree, it jerked back and over and was in the stream for 2 minutes or so. Battery was shot but drone was perfectly fine after drying out.
My P4 was permanently damaged no more working after 15 minutes in 3 feet of water.

Ive cashed toy drones in water, actually i never used the rice, im sure it helps. i always hooked up a hair dryer on warm, not too hot, and blew it in the back ends where i could feel it circulating inside. After enough time they turn on totally fine. Being that this has a camera, and well im not sure how water resistant it is, id be curious to know how it records after this.

Funny ending to the story lol!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.