The capacitor fell off my Phantom 3 professional motherboard in a slight crash can I solder it back

Reaction score
Have a phantom 3 professional and I had a little crash replace the camera look at the motherboard notice there a little capacitor fell off can I solder it back on or do I need to buy a whole new motherboard?

Attachments

• 20170622_150648.jpg
    20170622_150648.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 451
I can definitely solder it. I just didn't know if I need to just solder the two leads back to the broken off Leeds on the motherboard? And you so you think everything will just work properly

Not a very clear picture but look for the correct orientation as that is an electrolytic capacitor and polarity sensitive. would also use some hot glue to support it.

I appreciate the Insight I have one more question how do I know if the capacitor just fell off or if it's blown

If an electrolytic cap blows it will show swelling on the top surface normaly, however the type you have I am not sure about. you can but try.

If you think it was just better for me to buy another capacitor it has numbers on the top I guess I could put it into Google and figure it out?

What are the numbers you have on top? I may be able to identify it for you on Monday when I get back to work. I may even have one.

And also if I was to solder it back on what do I have to do take the board out and get the little pins to go through the other side of the board and touch the circuit is that how that works

I'm no expert in that that's why I'm asking you but it looks like the pins were sheared off of the capacitor itself

It's 220uf 35v.... easy to find in SMD. Any 220uf electrolytic with 35v or greater value will be suitable. Just make sure you use some silicon When you mount it.

Thank you very much so when I solder it what do I need to do take the board out and get the clips to go through the other side of the board?

It's an SMD, not through hole. Just tin the pads and sweat it on with as little heat as you can get away with. From how this is sounding it may pay to get someone to do it. The board doesn't need to be removed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan