Test Flight in 2.7k with ND8 filter

Reaction score
Just love test flights ;)

Just a short movie, just for pixel peeping, to try the ND8 filter I got in the mail today.

After a bit of shaving, the ND8 filter fitted on without causing vignetting on the GoPro.

The extra weight of the filter was no problem for the CM3000 3 axis gimbal.

I don't know how it would have looked without the ND filter :lol:

Shot in 2.7k 29.97fps with Gopro+ Black, datarate 35000kbs. edited and saved as 2.7k x264 with a datarate of (just) 8000kbs, I have a slow internet connection.

Phantom has some vibes and occasionally a twitch of jello is visible, but somewhat acceptable.

I am not planning to use this resolution for my future movies I guess, just wanted to see it and wanted know what youtube is going to do with this resolution and "my way" of saving it for uploads.

Ok, Youtube made it into 1440p. Hope you have the monitor for it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQXaK9bA0Y

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQXaK9bA0Y[/youtube]

ND filter:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7680

Very nice... I was really surprised that you're not using FPV, your videos sure look like you did.

In some I use fpv, but if its just for close by trial flights, not.

It does look nice and stable even when you turn hard, I really want a gimbal now! :mrgreen:

Only the YouTube stutter distracts. Have you thought of croping the 2.7k down to 1080 to get rid of the props?

No not really thought about cropping....

Anyways, this is just a pixel peeping flight, to see if I can get some stable video.

But now the fricking CM3000 is playing up again and I am back to zero.

Anyone wants 600 USD for a great plug and play gimbal that is reliable, has no horizon drift, and keeps working as it should, guaranteed?

I am getting sooooo pissed with al this

Ton4 said:
No not really thought about cropping....

Anyways, this is just a pixel peeping flight, to see if I can get some stable video.

But now the fricking CM3000 is playing up again and I am back to zero.

Anyone wants 600 USD for a great plug and play gimbal that is reliable, has no horizon drift, and keeps working as it should, guaranteed?

I am getting sooooo pissed with al this
What's the CM3000 doing??
I was looking at tossing my Zenmouse into the trash-and going with the CM3000. My issue is, no matter which colored "balls" I use, I still get an occasional bounce or wiggle....and it's driving my crazy!! The Zenmouse hold the horizon level throughout all phases of flight-no problem there. But, there's an occasional "twitch" that I just cannot get rid of!!

Nice video, btw.

I updated to Alexmos 2.4 and my copy started to behave odd. Wasted a day of shooting, salvaging with Proadrenalin. Downgraded to 2.3 again, things seem back to were they were. Will do another test, sigh.

Maybe its just my CM3000 that has developed problems.

OK. What I was saying though, is the Zenmouse 2 axis exhibits some of the same issues, with the bouncing and all. So maybe there isn't a solution to that?

havasuphoto said:
OK. What I was saying though, is the Zenmouse 2 axis exhibits some of the same issues, with the bouncing and all. So maybe there isn't a solution to that?

I don’t know. Don't have one :)

I had a brief conversation with an Israeli guy at rc groups, he claims to to have build a much better bg controller than all whats available now. Should be available from April at $399.

Should be able to exchange this controller with the current one in the CM3000.

Hope it lives up to the demo's he has shown. If its really that good, he has my money.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl