Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Tehachapi Loop with trains

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by ChrisA, Apr 18, 2016.

1. ChrisA

Visited the Tehachapi Loop last weekend, got lucky and caught some Trains. This is one of them. All the video was shot using Litchi. This was my third mission, I think I'll stop counting now.

2. Stroker

Yes time to stop counting. Looks like you know the llitchi app well enough.....Awsome vid. Thanks for letting us see it

3. fastsmiles

Really liked the opening scenes, great video. Perfect music selection. I had to watch it twice!

4. ChrisA

5. NotARubicon

There is an area near where I live with a lot of train activity (Cajon Pass) and great places for photos/flying but I've been worried about rules/laws concerning flying around trains/over tracks, etc.. Are there any rules/restrictions around trains, train-tracks, or Southern Pacific property? I guess it's not like my 42oz plastic drone is going to hurt a freight-train but you never know what kind of [stupid] rules their may be.

#5 NotARubicon, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    ChrisA likes this.
  6. ChrisA

I do not know of or have not seen anything specific to trains, unless that falls under "sensitive infrastructure". I guess it could. There isn't a consumer or professional drone on the market that would "hurt" one of these beasts. I originally purchased my Phantom specifically to photograph trains and trackage in the LA Harbor and Alameda Corridor to do research for my model railroad, it is 75% of what I film. I hope they don't stop me which is why you don't see more of my train videos here. I try to be very careful and i do follow the "rules" as I interpret them. mostly i just try to fly under the radar, get in and out quick.

NotARubicon likes this.
  7. mammatus

Absolutely epic. Nice work.

8. ChrisA

Thank you