Talked to DJI about ESC error

Better. Almost there.

By "along with the .bin file" do you mean with the older Firmware .bin you wish to downgrade to?

Also, if you know, will this work with Mac OS Text Edit or similar text Apps?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I read all the instructions but seems complicated for someone not computer savoy. Can someone explain step by step like your talking to someone with limited computer skills how to do this please on a Mac. I too am stuck with the esc error after after 1.10.9 firmware update. Out of warranty too[emoji20]

I read all the instructions but seems complicated for someone not computer savoy. Can someone explain step by step like your talking to someone with limited computer skills how to do this please on a Mac. I too am stuck with the esc error after after 1.10.9 firmware update. Out of warranty too[emoji20]

Sandman.. I was hit with the dreaded ESC after 1.10 update , even though my P3P was second hand and out of warranty I was emailed shipping labels and off my bird went , after inspection dji said there was no obvious damages etc, so it was replaced under warranty , of some reason I was sent back a new P3P and controller, less battery , but did get a new set of props in the black bag, if your bird looks in good condition think about sending it back to DJI?? Never hurts to try

I've been emailing them telling them my problem and they act like they have never heard of it and said the firmware couldn't cause the problem that it only detected it...blah blah blah. This is the second time this has happened. It did the same this last summer after updating to 1.9.6. I sent it in then and they fixed it under warranty. I don't think my luck will be this good the second time around...

Yes it sure depends who you chat with , if you just talk with the front team of dji "techs" you will get that answer as well run around ,I actualy got a call back from one of the actual techs that had my bird right in front of him , and he did admit that there was an issue with this 1.10 firmware that did find "potential " problems with any hardware , and if the bird looked like it never took a hard hit they took care of the warranty , if yours in great shape send it in, if not try the firmware rollback and get it back in the air that way , good luck either way

Ya I haven't given up yet with dealing dji. I'll call tomorrow and try and talk with an actually person. They never said anything about yours being out of warranty? And I wonder if that rollback procedure actually gets rid of the esc error...

Ya I haven't given up yet with dealing dji. I'll call tomorrow and try and talk with an actually person. They never said anything about yours being out of warranty? And I wonder if that rollback procedure actually gets rid of the esc error...

No issues with out of date warranty , and I've heard this from two other people that messaged me with the same results, a third guy had some scuffs and rubs on a motor and was denied warranty fix, so it seems if your bird is in excellent shape they will go or a warranty , if there are some scuffs scrapes or signs of crash you will get denied

For those who have encountered ESC errors after upgrading to FW v1.10.9 it might be worth trying to roll back the previous FW using the debug file metheod. I just found out this yesterday and got my P3A working again (my video transmission was so bad that I couldn't fly).

1. Create an empty file and name it "P3X_FW_DEBUG" for P3P or "P3S_FW_DEBUG" if you have a P3A. (no file extension)
2. Copy the debug file and desired fw .bin file to the SD card and perform update as usual.

Use the created debug file only every other time. So use it to go from 1.10.9 to 1.9.6 but don't use it to go from 1.9.6 to 1.8.80 and so on...
This works and I have used it many times. All though some believe that its safer to load the Debug file along with same FW as you have thats on the quad that tells you that you cant downgrade. Allow it to do a "downgrade" it takes a while but it erases the "not allowed to download" from the quad. Then download as normal, and repeat.

For example, if your quad had 1.7 and you went down to 1.6. Now it says you cant go lower. Load the Debug along with the 1.6. Do update/downgrade. Once its done, you will now be allowed to go down to 1.5.
**** Note. Keep in mind if you go down you may have to downgrade the Remote as well so they will pair. Due to changes DJI made. And yes it has worked many times on 1.10 despite what DJI said about not downgrading.

But does that get rid of the esc error that some have gotten like myself after 1.10.9 was installed?

Yes when it is an error which came from FW updating . There has been people with bad ESCs .Typically they get that error not right after an update.

No issues with out of date warranty , and I've heard this from two other people that messaged me with the same results, a third guy had some scuffs and rubs on a motor and was denied warranty fix, so it seems if your bird is in excellent shape they will go or a warranty , if there are some scuffs scrapes or signs of crash you will get denied

So how did you actually go about it? Did you just email them or did you talk on the phone with somebody before you sent it in? Also did they know it was outta warranty before you sent it in? They never said anything about that?

I don't update any more,kept my old none working esc p3 for the old battery update.updated the batteries.then still fly on old firmware.i just replaced the main board now.since my warranty has expired.

Mine is outta warranty as well. But so was dinodragon1, and they fixed his for free so I'm hopeful they will do the same thing seeing how it flew perfect before the update. I told myself I wasn't going to update again cause this same thing happened to me last summer with 1.9.6 and they had to replace the main board. They did it free of charge cause it was still under warranty. Hopefully since it's never been crashed and clearly the firmware bricked my drone again they will fix it again free of charge. I think I may have a lemon. What are the odds it happens twice from the last two updates...weird. If they do fix it I swear on a holy stack of bibles I will NEVER UPDATE AGAIN[emoji1317]

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
Mine is outta warranty as well. But so was dinodragon1, and they fixed his for free so I'm hopeful they will do the same thing seeing how it flew perfect before the update. I told myself I wasn't going to update again cause this same thing happened to me last summer with 1.9.6 and they had to replace the main board. They did it free of charge cause it was still under warranty. Hopefully since it's never been crashed and clearly the firmware bricked my drone again they will fix it again free of charge. I think I may have a lemon. What are the odds it happens twice from the last two updates...weird. If they do fix it I swear on a holy stack of bibles I will NEVER UPDATE AGAIN[emoji1317]

Sandman, Believe it or not, I am still on 1.3.20 on the a/c, 1.1.8 on my controller and the DJI Pilot app. I have been flying since May of 2015 with no issues at all. So I hear you on the not updating.

Reactions: Apilot101
Just thought I would update everyone. So I sent in my drone last week and got a email today saying will be free of charge[emoji16] Mine is second hand and out of warranty like Dinodragon1 yet they are still covering it under warranty and completely free. I here a lot of people complaining about Dji and I've fallen victim to that on occasion too but this is the second time Dji has come through and really impressed me with there service and keeping customers happy and coming back. I have to say I was a little worried being the second time my drone has been sent back to them and was thinking maybe I wouldn't buy anymore Dji drones but I have no fear in buying another one again. I've had my eye on the mavic since it came out and it will definitely be my next drone[emoji106]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart