Talked to DJI about ESC error

Reaction score
Well after 1.10 upgrade phantom now throws a "esc status error" , might turn motors over 1-20 times , DJI was no help but to say to ship in for repairs , he did say there were others in the system with exact same issue , I asked why it ran great on 1.96 but bricked on 1.10? Reply was firmware detects potential issues yada yada yada , out of warranty time as well , don't know what to do

Well after 1.10 upgrade phantom now throws a "esc status error" , might turn motors over 1-20 times , DJI was no help but to say to ship in for repairs , he did say there were others in the system with exact same issue , I asked why it ran great on 1.96 but bricked on 1.10? Reply was firmware detects potential issues yada yada yada , out of warranty time as well , don't know what to do

Did you ask about the repair charges?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Dinodragon1
Yes I've read that thread but I've tried most everything out there , something in the 1.10 that found an issue onboard , the dji tech even admitted there are others in his system with same issue right after 1.10 upgrade , they said they are emailing me shipping labels working next 4 hours

He would not commit to anything either way , I asked about 3 times following up with "There are others with same issue after upgrade" all he kept saying was send in for diagnosis

That's definitely not a pleasing answer.

Reactions: Dinodragon1
I have same problem and ther deny there is an issue

I am stuck with same issue. They ruined my drone and will not take responsibility

I am stuck with same issue. They ruined my drone and will not take responsibility
Mine is on it's way back from California . Even though it was second hand and out of warranty, they replaced main board , motor, bottom shell all for free, there was a note that said no flight damage inspected , , also another person I chatted with had same issue but showed signs of some damage got billed for his repair,

I hope the next firmware update solves this issue for those of us who wish to update so we can, and maybe solves the issue for those people who ran into trouble updating to the latest one. If firmware created the problem, new firmware should fix it.

I hope the next firmware update solves this issue for those of us who wish to update so we can, and maybe solves the issue for those people who ran into trouble updating to the latest one. If firmware created the problem, new firmware should fix it.
Exactly , what one tech told me thought was that the firmware checked hardware for possible now or future issues , but seems like a lot of "esc" issues happens after 1.10, , Iam thankful they warrantied the whole problem, I should not have any other issues updating in the future ,, well maybe never say never lol

I call tech support again and they told be to go back to the old firmware but that was bad advise since I does not work and you get a message that it will not install. More bad advise from DJI, poor training or just incompetent. They will not admit a lot of people had this issue and they will not take responsibility.

Reactions: Richard Walker
Well that is not true, they did tell me there were others in there system with the exact issue , guess it depends wich rep you get online , and they know this firmware cannot be downgraded on our end , so why give advice to downgrade!!! So sorry to hear your experience was not positive like mine

Well that is not true, they did tell me there were others in there system with the exact issue , guess it depends wich rep you get online , and they know this firmware cannot be downgraded on our end , so why give advice to downgrade!!! So sorry to hear your experience was not positive like mine
Regret buying DJI becasue they do not support their products

Does anyone have the name of a real person at DJI that I can email to get resolution from their lack of tech support

I am really disappointed in their response

For those who have encountered ESC errors after upgrading to FW v1.10.9 it might be worth trying to roll back the previous FW using the debug file metheod. I just found out this yesterday and got my P3A working again (my video transmission was so bad that I couldn't fly).

1. Create an empty file and name it "P3X_FW_DEBUG" for P3P or "P3S_FW_DEBUG" if you have a P3A. (no file extension)
2. Copy the debug file and desired fw .bin file to the SD card and perform update as usual.

Use the created debug file only every other time. So use it to go from 1.10.9 to 1.9.6 but don't use it to go from 1.9.6 to 1.8.80 and so on...

Reactions: Apilot101
How do you create an "empty file"? In what application?
You can create a generic empty FOLDER without an app- but not a FILE.

Please be more specific in the steps when giving advice like this. It's the difference between being very helpful and very confusing....

How do you create an "empty file"? In what application?
You can create a generic empty FOLDER without an app- but not a FILE.

Please be more specific in the steps when giving advice like this. It's the difference between being very helpful and very confusing....

Use notepad on PC and make a new text file (can be empty or contain text). Save it as "P3S_FW_DEBUG". Make sure to remove the file extension if it was saved as .txt (rename). Now, copy that file to SD card along with the .bin file, insert SD card into phantom and update as usually.

Reactions: Apilot101

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers