Taking the top of the shell off?

I was about to ask the same question.

So, you can access the insides, without removing the landing struts & camera?

I want to remove (and maybe replace) the two 2.4ghz patch antennas near the battery bay.

Can this be done just with the lid off and 2 motors unbolted ?

No need to undo any motors, take the top off, loosen the mainboard screws, you can then slide a thin screwdriver down to the patch antennas levering them off. That is how i removed mine.

Not only getting the knack, but the clips are probably a bit looser too.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nope my hands can crush it completely so they would always pop out. Its the outward pressure from the screwdrivers that make it easy, my method is impossible without those.

No need to undo any motors, take the top off, loosen the mainboard screws, you can then slide a thin screwdriver down to the patch antennas levering them off. That is how i removed mine.

Thanks,

This sounds easier by the minute.

I watched that video where the 2 guys replaced the antennas and had half the quad pulled apart to do it.

I was thinking of re-installing the replacement antennas on the outside.

If it's this easy, I'll fit them in their intended place.

Nope my hands can crush it completely so they would always pop out. Its the outward pressure from the screwdrivers that make it easy, my method is impossible without those.
Well there you go. I am considered to have strong hands for slender fingers but couldn't easily press in the bottom half. The clip above the battery was impossible.

Well there you go. I am considered to have strong hands for slender fingers but couldn't easily press in the bottom half. The clip above the battery was impossible.

Yes, I go to the gym alot, so i maybe stronger than average for my size, but im still only a small/average guy. I find it hard to believe a regular guy couldnt pop these off, maybe im wrong. Im hoping others try and let us know.

Thanks,

This sounds easier by the minute.

I watched that video where the 2 guys replaced the antennas and had half the quad pulled apart to do it.

I was thinking of re-installing the replacement antennas on the outside.

If it's this easy, I'll fit them in their intended place.

Thats what ive done, removed and mounted them outside front and rear. It really does increase signal reliability. However, refitting new ones in the same place would be a lot harder than just removing them with the mainboard in situ

Reactions: Paul60
Thats what ive done, removed and mounted them outside front and rear. It really does increase signal reliability. However, refitting new ones in the same place would be a lot harder than just removing them with the mainboard in situ

What extra dismantling would be needed to get the patch antennas back in their intended position ?

What extra dismantling would be needed to get the patch antennas back in their intended position ?
you might be able to do it. If not, just undo the motors so the board can move more.

Its torquing the motor bolts backup that is the issue, i overdid mine. First flight out the shell started cracking around the two motors id undone lol. So i had to take it apart again, fill the shell under the motors with jb weld epoxy.

Why would you want to put them back anyway, facing sideways again.

I think your right. Fitted outside means never having to pull the thing apart to replace them.

Do you have a pic of how you mounted yours?

I think your right. Fitted outside means never having to pull the thing apart to replace them.

Do you have a pic of how you mounted yours?
DdFKDxm.jpg
fDccqX9.jpg

Reactions: Paul60
3m car molding tape i use, same stuff car trims are stuck on with :) the rear one is mounted on a plastic bracket left over from a set of blinds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94