TACO-RC ND filters set (ND4/8/16/32) for DJI Phantom 3

Yep about to order these now & also that thing that goes over the stick to control the yaw better - has anyone tried this yet?View attachment 23907

Warning: This could prevent you from being able to shut down your motors after landing/catching P3 by block CSC and left stick down moves. Worse, I've had my P3 flip twice, props still spinning into the earth, after landing while I was trying to execute these moves to shut down motors.

Review photos. Notice how the left stick is right up against the rubber band retainer. You can see there is a cut-out only on right side that allows the stick to lay down far enough. You need to always pull sticks inward for 100 % success in starting and stopping motors. Unfortunately that's not what I've gotten in a habit of doing prior to installing this device.
20150812_191513.jpg
20150812_191530.jpg

Warning: This could prevent you from being able to shut down your motors after landing/catching P3 by block CSC and left stick down moves. Worse, I've had my P3 flip twice, props still spinning into the earth, after landing while I was trying to execute these moves to shut down motors.

Review photos. Notice how the left stick is right up against the rubber band retainer. You can see there is a cut-out only on right side that allows the stick to lay down far enough. You need to always pull sticks inward for 100 % success in starting and stopping motors. Unfortunately that's not what I've gotten in a habit of doing prior to installing this device.View attachment 27328 View attachment 27329

thanks for your advice. usually we pull the throttle fully down to shut down the motor so we do not have the problem you mentioned. please email us and we could send you a replacement.

2015-08-13 13.24.20.jpg

Review photos. Notice how the left stick is right up against
the rubber band retainer. You can see there is a cut-out only on right side that allows the stick to lay down far enough. You need to always pull sticks inward for 100 % success in starting and stopping motors. Unfortunately that's not what I've gotten in a habit of doing prior to installing this device.View attachment 27328 View attachment 27329

They only time I've had a flip over was doing a CSC - that was on my 2nd flight.

I only hand catch now & left stick down; not had any issues with the yaw controller thing

I see you have an aluminum tablet mount - is that the one from taco rc? If so is it any good?
Thanks

Has anyone figured out how to use the track package?
Theres the, Shipment Tracking Numbers / Links
I cant seem to find the link they refer to
And what I assume is the tracking #,,, LK093758538HK .
I received awaiting fulfillment email .
Then on the 10th I got the ,,,
The status of order #810 is now Shipped.
Yesterday I another,,, The status of order #810 is now Shipped.

I got an email saying shipped, then a day later awaiting fulfillment, then two days later shipped again.

thanks for your advice. usually we pull the throttle fully down to shut down the motor so we do not have the problem you mentioned. please email us and we could send you a replacement.

View attachment 27344

I think if you were to minimize the cutout on right side if you're accessory, then reproduce the same on left, you would have enough material removed to drop sticks into cutout while retaining enough material to stick 3M tape underneath for adherence. I also find myself reattaching the accessory to my rc, it wants to pop up.

Could you conceive of a way to add additional rubber bands into the accessory so that we can close gap in corners of center? Instead of square, we would have octagon? I find when I rotate around the stick, I fall into these corners and it alters resistance on stick.

My tracking says they arrived in the UK yesterday :) could well be at my doorstep tomorrow :) - Adam

They only time I've had a flip over was doing a CSC - that was on my 2nd flight.

I only hand catch now & left stick down; not had any issues with the yaw controller thing

I see you have an aluminum tablet mount - is that the one from taco rc? If so is it any good?
Thanks

I always hand caught until it occurred to me there is likely a correlation between that and developing cracks in body of P3--grabbing only one side of landing gear puts a rotational and horizontal stress on rest the craft as you take the weight of it and again while you are trying to pave it back the ground.

At first I thought CSC startup with sticks lowered and opposing was removed from a firmware because I couldn't get the P3 to start in this way. Wasn't till the crashes/flips that I investigated further. How tall are your sticks? There is a point midway up but closer to full extension that the wider part of grips on sticks will bump up against the accessory--if you have them extended less or more you'd probably be alright.

I ordered the regular 4/8/16/32 kit a while ago and it came relatively quickly. But it was funny/sad to see a pair of ND4s and no ND16. I wrote to ask for an extra ND16 and they quickly shipped. Just received the package today - full kit of all 4 filters in another (slightly nicer) case, this time with the o-rings installed instead of separate. As with the first set these are labelled nicely, look good and fit just right.

I've flown with the 4 (a little), the 8 (quite a bit) and the 32 a couple of times. They work great. Lately I've been taking stills without any of these but for video will be using the 8 and 16 most I think. 32 if very bright.

Thanks

Yes the tablet mount is from taco-rc. it is much cheaper than the DJI one with the same quality. It is surely a "must buy" accessory to avoid wobbling of your tablet on the remote control.

Taco,

Any plans for a graduated filter?

Inquiring minds want to know... :)

Hi, we are working on it. but we are not sure about the release date since the graduated filter should be heavier than our ND filter.

Has anyone figured out how to use the track package?
Theres the, Shipment Tracking Numbers / Links
I cant seem to find the link they refer to
And what I assume is the tracking #,,, LK093758538HK .
I received awaiting fulfillment email .
Then on the 10th I got the ,,,
The status of order #810 is now Shipped.
Yesterday I another,,, The status of order #810 is now Shipped.

your item can be mail tracked in USPS.com

I think if you were to minimize the cutout on right side if you're accessory, then reproduce the same on left, you would have enough material removed to drop sticks into cutout while retaining enough material to stick 3M tape underneath for adherence. I also find myself reattaching the accessory to my rc, it wants to pop up.

Could you conceive of a way to add additional rubber bands into the accessory so that we can close gap in corners of center? Instead of square, we would have octagon? I find when I rotate around the stick, I fall into these corners and it alters resistance on stick.

we really appreciate your suggestion. we will add it to our TODO list.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94