Taco Gimbal Updates

Reaction score
I purchased my taco gimabl a few months ago...and because I couldn't get it to work 100% that has caused me to not fly my phantom once since installing :cry:

I'm going to tackle this (plug n play) device again today :x

This is the main thread on the taco:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10651

But I'd rather not read through 600 posts, if possible.

Is SlackerATX's 1st post on that thread the most up to date information on the taco gimbal? If not, is there another step by step for it?

Just got my gimbal delivered the other day. Have to say I'm very impressed, 9 days from Hong Kong to Ireland on normal shipping for $2, and what made it even better was they marked it as a gift on the shipping order so I didn't have to pay import duty or taxes which would have been around €70. I'm waiting for my camera to come back from repairs so cant wait to install and calibrate it.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Have to say I'm very impressed, 9 days from Hong Kong to Ireland on normal shipping for $2, and what made it even better was they marked it as a gift on the shipping order so I didn't have to pay import duty or taxes

Ok Mal, based on this I'm in too. Any other tips on the order?

This link right?
http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-40/3 ... unt/Detail

Corncrake

corncrake said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Have to say I'm very impressed, 9 days from Hong Kong to Ireland on normal shipping for $2, and what made it even better was they marked it as a gift on the shipping order so I didn't have to pay import duty or taxes

Ok Mal, based on this I'm in too. Any other tips on the order?

This link right?
http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-40/3 ... unt/Detail

Corncrake

Yeah that's it. Expedited delivery takes about 3 days to get to the US. And then watch the youtube video above. He does an awesome job explaining everything.

bronk33 said:
Yeah that's it. Expedited delivery takes about 3 days to get to the US. And then watch the youtube video above. He does an awesome job explaining everything.

Thanks - I'm based in Ireland so even the 9 days was impressive. While I have you...any nice vimeo examples using this kit?

corncrake said:
bronk33 said:

Thanks - I'm based in Ireland so even the 9 days was impressive. While I have you...any nice vimeo examples using this kit?

I don't have any yet. I believe there are a few good examples on this site though using the Taco.
I'll have some posted this week (hopefully)

corncrake said:
bronk33 said:

Hey corncrake!
Daniel Sanchez who made that excellent instructional video has some nice videos on youtube, just search for daniel sanchez phantom. Himself and his friend Richard who just posted above are gentlemen and were very helpful to me when I decided to purchase my gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl