Tablet to use

So what do you recommend. I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge smartphone, I just wanted a little bigger screen.

I have an Nvidia Shield K1 and it's fabulous. It has an 8 inch screen. People here love them. The only down side that I know of is that it has a couple magnets in it that interfere with the tablet's compass, so you have to calibrate the tablet's compass pre-flight if that's important to you.

Cowboyzzz, if you already own a device that's not on that list, give it a shot before you buy a new device.

Here is a good reference for you: Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO | Phantom Help
I have an Nvidia Shield K1 and it's fabulous. It has an 8 inch screen. People here love them. The only down side that I know of is that it has a couple magnets in it that interfere with the tablet's compass, so you have to calibrate the tablet's compass pre-flight if that's important to you.
Just got a K1 but haven't had a chance to try it out as of yet. Are you able to provide any additional detail on how to calibrate the tablet compass and the potential downfall from not doing so? Also, I've read the DJI Go v4 app doesn't work on the K1 and needs to be downgraded. Is this true?

Here is a good reference for you: Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO | Phantom Help

Just got a K1 but haven't had a chance to try it out as of yet. Are you able to provide any additional detail on how to calibrate the tablet compass and the potential downfall from not doing so? Also, I've read the DJI Go v4 app doesn't work on the K1 and needs to be downgraded. Is this true?

You just need to install a compass app that allows you to calibrate its compass. If you calibrate the app's compass, you will find the Go's compass is also calibrated.

The downfall for not doing so is the Go's compass may not work properly. For example, the little arrow icon that represents the AC may show that the AC is located due West of you when in fact it's located due North of you. That's just an example. But the orientation of the AC relative to you still works perfectly.

I don't know anything about the Go v4.

Reactions: InforGuy
You just need to install a compass app that allows you to calibrate its compass. If you calibrate the app's compass, you will find the Go's compass is also calibrated.

The downfall for not doing so is the Go's compass may not work properly. For example, the little arrow icon that represents the AC may show that the AC is located due West of you when in fact it's located due North of you. That's just an example. But the orientation of the AC relative to you still works perfectly.

I don't know anything about the Go v4.
Thank you for the info!

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak