Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Sync peoblem

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by Bluegrass, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Bluegrass

I'm back after a few months. I had a crash that broke a ribbon cable on my Zenmuse 2d. Couldn't get a cable & I heard they were too expensive to repair, so I bought a 3d. I then had an accident where my tablet slipped off the table & broke the USB connector on phantom used for calibration. Went in circles with DJI & dealer with no success on getting a replacement USB connector & cable. I bought a new phantom in hopes that I could examine a good connector & cable & make my own. So now I'm trying to get the new phantom ready to fly & ran into new problems that maybe somebody can help me with.

I have a brand new P2. I first updated to 3.06 & than did calibrating. I tested one time to see if I could start my motors ok & they did. After doing a few calibrations trying to get my camera to point straight down.

I finally gave up as it pointed within 10 degrees of straight down. I decided to try my motors once again & they wouldn't start. I decided to check my sync & all I could get was a fast blinking red on the sync button. Any suggestions?

2. noiseboy72

Hmm, sounds like the receiver has lost connection to the TX.

If you power cycle everything and try to re-connect - pressing the sync button on the P2, does this work? There is also a reset button on the back of the TX as well.

3. Bluegrass

I tried all you suggested but it still won't sync. I couldn't feel any switch clicking on the transmitter. I used the small screwdriver. Do you think you need a pen? I wonder why the phantom manual doesn't mention that switch on the transmitter?

The led on the RC unit is solid green. Isn't it normally red? Another symptom I have is that I can't get the motors to run.

4. noiseboy72

Sorry, my bad, The switch is inside and is actually a boot strap loader, so won't work. Was fed bad info on that one!

Try re-loading the firmware to both the 'bird and TX, as something may have corrupted.

5. Buckaye

What camera are you using? Go pro? Do you have the wifi on by chance?