SuperBowl Party video

Reaction score
that's right, I shot video at my superbowl party yesterday. (friends wanted to see the Phantom in action)
the result is def not like anything else people have posted.
shot it at 1080 60p, and let youtube do the stabalization.
halfway I go way, way up

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDKhHj2lNs4[/youtube]

(and then flew it later on in the evening, while a bit tipsy,. drunk droning is dangerous, especially when you don't check to make sure GPS is turned ON, flew into the neighbors year and lost a prop and a nut that holds it.
but at least i recovered the Phantom!

Nice vid, put my down in a neighbors backyard three streets over this weekend. Luckily I saw where it went and I know the lady.

Always smart to put your name and phone number on the top of the Phantom somewhere, too. Can't always rely on GPS RTH.

At the risk of repeating myself, I'll always advocate throwing this 49 gram baby on your Phantom if you have room. I set mine to update every 30 seconds. The Android and iPhone app will let you pinpoint it's location very precisely. If you think it might take awhile to get to it, set the ping to every 5 minutes and you'll have a week of battery life to track it down.

And when I'm not flying, I attach it to my 2 year old or my wife carries it in her backpack so I know when she's leaving work. As soon as she leaves her parking lot it sends me a text message. I have been having a ball with this thing. Almost hoping to lose the Phantom so I can track it down, haha.

Ha, I was just looking at that earlier in the evening. I used to have one of those cheap eBay chinese TK102 GPS trackers. You send it a text message and it would reply with the co-ordinates. Pretty simple, the Garmin GTU-10 unit looks much better and I like that it already has a year of service included. Not bad for $120.

Do you have any pics of it mounted on the Phantom? If not, where do you put it?

Adam said:
Ha, I was just looking at that earlier in the evening. I used to have one of those cheap eBay chinese TK102 GPS trackers. You send it a text message and it would reply with the co-ordinates. Pretty simple, the Garmin GTU-10 unit looks much better and I like that it already has a year of service included. Not bad for $120.

I ordered this carbon fiber camera and ext. battery mount from RC Drones. Pics are at the end of this Flickr set.

Adam said:

I just looked at the International Spark Nano GPS Tracker and it looks really, really perfect. A little pricey at $169.95 but small
and works almost anywhere in the world. There is a $29.95 monthly fee for unlimited tracking.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl