Super Moon 11-13-16

Reaction score
Although not captured with my P3P, I was thinking about flying the drone when this came up.

Not a great pic by any means and I should not have used the 1.6 Digital magnification, but I wanted it large. So thought I would put it here for some to see. Going to shoot it tomorrow night again with different setup.

Super Moon 1.jpg

Reactions: Rudster
I've been out playing around and shooting it too, but things came out a little weird. Nikon D800E with 300mm f/4 PF lens, polarizer, and some abstract PS CS6 stuff to add some color.

_DSC1323_Super-Moon-2.jpg

Well... I'm all weirded out for the night. But I do remember a time about 50+ years ago, I'd have paid for something like that in my room. Come to think of it, I saw some things in the room that resembled that.o_O

Reactions: RC Madman
Well... I'm all weirded out for the night. But I do remember a time about 50+ years ago, I'd have paid for something like that in my room. Come to think of it, I saw some things in the room that resembled that.o_O

haha! :D

I always thought the moon needed a bit more color. I shot it at 4,000K too based on a Kelvin lamp nearby to dial it in. Daylight (5,200K) seemed too yellow, and 3,000K too blue for the correct shot.

_DSC1323_Super-Moon-1.jpg

laughs..... me too....

Tom Connell that is a nice pic. I tried to get a shot with my old Canon SX10is and they were crap. I need a modern DSLR with a good lens or 3.

That's averynice shot. EXIF Data would be appreciated.

When we sold the photography studio almost 10 years ago I kept my Canon 1DMkiii and the 70-200 2.8 IS and the 300 f4 IS and I think the 17-40 f4. Finally about 4 years ago was made an offer I couldnt refuse and sold. All were pro lenses and now wish I hadn't sold. Have Sigma now but use this little SX60 HS and it makes 16x20s fine with a little post in CS3.

IMG_5560.JPG
Carolina Wren on top of feeder..jpg
[/ATTACH]
Tom Connell that is a nice pic. I tried to get a shot with my old Canon SX10is and they were crap. I need a modern DSLR with a good lens or 3.

Unless you are or are thinking og going pro now, may I suggest you look hard at the Canon SX60 HS. Amazing lens, IS, shoots stabilized video also. For what you would pay for a good lens you can have that camera and the hot shoe 580 flash, avery hot combo. Its what I went to after selling my studio after 45 years of being a successful commercial photographer. That can has a 16mg chip with the Digic processor and images are so sharp.
IMG_5560.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: The One
View attachment 68694 View attachment 68695

Unless you are or are thinking og going pro now, may I suggest you look hard at the Canon SX60 HS. Amazing lens, IS, shoots stabilized video also. For what you would pay for a good lens you can have that camera and the hot shoe 580 flash, avery hot combo. Its what I went to after selling my studio after 45 years of being a successful commercial photographer. That can has a 16mg chip with the Digic processor and images are so sharp.
View attachment 68694

Shot on window Manifesto Ball Head with cable release from 34 feet to feeders. Pretty sharp

The Super Moon seen in Thailand, about 250 km north of Bangkok.
EOS 7D, focal length 560 mm (400 mm plus EF extender 1.4) using Canon remote controller TC-80N3 in live view.

ISO 400, f/8, 1/400sec., exp.bias -2 steps, RAW image

Unfortunately moon rise was more than 30 minutes after sunset, means its dark and therefore no foreground in the image.

Attachments

• IMG_5763-1.jpg
    IMG_5763-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 541
View attachment 68694 View attachment 68695 [/ATTACH]

View attachment 68694
Those are stunning photographs ! unreal how sharp the birds appear ...

Those are stunning photographs ! unreal how sharp the birds appear ...

Well thank you very much. These were taken out of my bathroom window!! I made a section on the bottom of the window so I can gently raise the window and then clamp a Monfroto ball mount to it and it's like I have a tripod and I use a cable release most of the time. Other times I have the self timer on 2 sec. We have a multi bird feeder about 30 feet away with up to 9 feeders in the summer time with sometimes close to 20 species a day. Loads of fun.
The lens on this SX60 HS is amazing as it goes from 21-1365 and that's not a misprint. Quiet a camera and I previously used professionally a Canon 1D Mkiii and after retirement and selling that camera and lens' settled on this one. Not sorry.

Hi, I would like to share my picture of the moon from yesterday.

i.php

It was taken with the Sony A7RII and the Sigma 135-400 APO lens.
300 shots, 1/100, iso 200, f16

Reactions: morph1
Last night
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161115/e166747013017c0ae82b032560f90084.jpg

Tonight
52d4fdf85d5c096bc2136142791f0b0b.jpg

Last night with the P3P
820e34ce6e402d4cbc867514c0354594.jpg

Sorry, just learning how to use photoshop elements, not good editing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl