"super" full moon tonight - still shot tips pls?

Reaction score
Simply put, I'll be 350' up, at 745p and onward for some super full moon shots as it rises tonight. I've got really nice double glass skyscrapers, 40 stories each, in the foreground, and I plan to have to moon set just above them as it rises in background.

Can I get some good advice for settings...I've got photoshop 25th anniversary version, even though I don't know quite how to use it yet...but tonight is a rare clear night here on East coast so it will be perfect, moreso if I can get the shots I want...maybe @fhagan02?

Thx everyone!

Shot in Raw is the first thing I'd say. Set your ISO to 100 - 400 and adjust the shutter speed to get your exposure

Reactions: Tricky
N8ture has it right in post #2 above.
If you are wanting a good shot of the moon you couldn't choose much worse than a Phantom to photograph it.
Plus the "super" moon isn't noticeably different enough to show up better than any other full moon.
With the super wide viewing angle of the Phantom's camera, the moon will only be a small spot in the frame and if you expose for anything of interest on the ground the moon will be an indistinct blurry glare.
Like this ..
DJI_0071-106aa-XL.jpg

Is it any harder flying at night? Would love to give it a whirl, but still very new to all this. Have flown a few times at dusk but thats about it.

N8ture has it right in post #2 above.
If you are wanting a good shot of the moon you couldn't choose much worse than a Phantom to photograph it.
Plus the "super" moon isn't noticeably different enough to show up better than any other full moon.
With the super wide viewing angle of the Phantom's camera, the moon will only be a small spot in the frame and if you expose for anything of interest on the ground the moon will be an indistinct blurry glare.
Like this ..
DJI_0071-106aa-XL.jpg
Bingo. The wide angle really limits getting much of anything of a full moon. I've also been disappointed a few times seeing some nice distant cloud banks and achieving underwhelming results.

--zigs

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl