Sunset over the Olympic Mountains

Reaction score
Vaughn Bay Sunset-1.jpg

Summertime on Puget Sound. Vaughn Bay is a great place to kayak, water-skiing, and just relax. The Olympics make a nice backdrop, too.

View attachment 82903
Summertime on Puget Sound. Vaughn Bay is a great place to kayak, water-skiing, and just relax. The Olympics make a nice backdrop, too.
A very beautiful photo! I really like it. I've gotten some criticism on my own photos for having the horizon in the middle of the photo and not following the "rule of thirds" for composition, but I think this photo is great regardless!

A very beautiful photo! I really like it. I've gotten some criticism on my own photos for having the horizon in the middle of the photo and not following the "rule of thirds" for composition, but I think this photo is great regardless!
Thanks for the Kind Comment. I have heard the same thing from"Critics". but there are other rules beside the 1/3 rule. But You can see the rule applied here, too. Where's the Sun?A third from the left! I look for lines (the angle of the bay intersecting the mountains & haze), color, and textures (trees, clouds, reflections). The things that appeal to the eye are the things we look for. Keep shooting and develop Your own style!

Reactions: steen6673

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl