Attachments

• PowerComparison.jpg
    PowerComparison.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 709
There it is !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So much said with three simple photo's!

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Aren't the connections full duplex? If you need a connection both directions, how does amping just one of the signals increase the range? Wouldn't the range be limited by the un-amped drone?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Aren't the connections full duplex? If you need a connection both directions, how does amping just one of the signals increase the range? Wouldn't the range be limited by the un-amped drone?

Those Sunhans operate in half duplex mode, bi directional, and timed bla bla. When you get the pair, one boost the receiving side, not as much as the control, but the HD downlink is bettered by >12dB

I've read up as much as possible on those Sunhans amps, they're made specially for Wifi in 2.4-2.5ghz range, for RC aircraft and the like, they're awesome little buggers, and they look fantastic, I've not seen them with all the wires and power hooked up yet, but will next week baby!! Woohoo! I'm as excited as I was about the P4, this is gonna be great, and ordered the beastly MaxxRange Antenna too, figured why boost the smaller DBS when you can boost the huge one!
PS Jake is an awesome guy too, got cables first, now the whole shebang!

I've read up as much as possible on those Sunhans amps, they're made specially for Wifi in 2.4-2.5ghz range, for RC aircraft and the like, they're awesome little buggers, and they look fantastic, I've not seen them with all the wires and power hooked up yet, but will next week baby!! Woohoo! I'm as excited as I was about the P4, this is gonna be great, and ordered the beastly MaxxRange Antenna too, figured why boost the smaller DBS when you can boost the huge one!
How about an amp on the video transmitter side from the Phantom?
How about an amp on the video transmitter side from the Phantom?
Yeah they have them, more rare, I forget the term, but they even have a name for them, someone will know, it just escapes me now

Reactions: Intrepid97
FPVLR booster ********.jpg

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Those Sunhans operate in half duplex mode, bi directional, and timed bla bla. When you get the pair, one boost the receiving side, not as much as the control, but the HD downlink is bettered by >12dB

Hmm, but you'll be raising the noise floor by that same amount. Might benefit from some filtering.

Reactions: Sim597
Hmm, but you'll be raising the noise floor by that same amount. Might benefit from some filtering.

Oh yes the boosters themselves offer more distance, but like you say, that introduces more influence for noise. That's a good question and haven't seen anything talked about or offered, but as long as it's not $40 a piece again, I'd buy what worked.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl