Success : Downgrade FW from 1.08.10 to 1.07.90 for P3S

Reaction score
Hi everbody,

I tried to downgrade my FW but nothing helped,but:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks to Kenneth Mcnutt

I just don't understand why my downgrade started from 50% on the DJI Go screen ???? (1.08.10 upgraded by the DJI GO app on iphone)

I followed the vid and text but had to disconnect the USB cable ti get the AC to roll back on FW ...

But it worked.

Its actually the SD card method with both RC and AC on and connected.

Nigel

I thought people were saying that 1.79 wasn't all that great either..... and if you were going to do it to go back to 1.57?

1.6.8 was the real pits ... 1.7.09 at least made up some ground ... I had over 2400m with it

Nigel

Actually I didn't use any usb cable. I format the sd card in case. Remember you turn on RC first,connect to phantom wi-fi, put the card inside and then just turn on the bird.On the video downgrade jumps to 20% and starts.

I thought people were saying that 1.79 wasn't all that great either..... and if you were going to do it to go back to 1.57?

I tried to downgrade to 1.06.80 ....failed ...I think DJI lets you go just one FW level back,no more :((

Cannot understand anyone wanting to install 1.6.8 !! .... that was the real crap FW ...

It is not first reports of only 1 step back on FW limit.

Today I had 2490m with 1.7.009 FW and Go 3.1.1 ..... but I will be rolling back Go - because it suffered bad lag. Go 2.9.1 had no lag at all.

Video to come ...

Nigel

Cannot understand anyone wanting to install 1.6.8 !! .... that was the real crap FW ...

Today I had 2490m with 1.7.009 FW and Go 3.1.1 ..... but I will be rolling back Go - because it suffered bad lag. Go 2.9.1 had no lag at all.

Video to come ...

Nigel
just to back to 1.05.70 :)

Video to come ...

Nigel

I can confirm that 2.9.1 runs great. Yesterday, after reading a few of Nigel's posts, I decided to downgrade also.

But it won't go any further back (just one level of latest FW) .....:( Does anyone have a cure about that ????

I don't want anyone to brick their bird or anything, so make sure you know what the heck you are doing if you want to try this..... but.....what if you tricked it into downgrading by simply changing the name of the .bin file? Like take the P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin file, right click and rename it P3C_FW_V01.07.0090.bin? I have had success doing this on 2 different occasions. First, with an electronic speed control for an r/c truck and the with a mid grade ATI computer graphics card, flashing it with a .bin file from a much more expensive card.

Thoughts?

I don't want anyone to brick their bird or anything, so make sure you know what the heck you are doing if you want to try this..... but.....what if you tricked it into downgrading by simply changing the name of the .bin file? Like take the P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin file, right click and rename it P3C_FW_V01.07.0090.bin? I have had success doing this on 2 different occasions. First, with an electronic speed control for an r/c truck and the with a mid grade ATI computer graphics card, flashing it with a .bin file from a much more expensive card.

Thoughts?
Yeah may be.. but somehow they call the first upgrade FW as "P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin" and they don't buy any downgrade more than one level......

make sense???

@Milest

I went to buy a Digital Camera in 2001, The salesman finally got me to buy a Sony, but it took awhile, he said to me a couple of times, your really hate Sony don't you.
The camera was good.:rolleyes:

I don't like crApple either.

crapple.png

Welcome to the Forum!

Rod

Reactions: Neon Euc
So i downgrade from the last one to 1.07.90 --> Downgrade Ok BUT in the DJI app , red message with a sensor problem and Barometer problem but also main controller data error !! so i have upload again the last FW from the DJI app and no problem with this one, strange....?!

When 1.07.90 was the latest and newest.... everyone was moaning about it. Now that something else came out, everyone is saying that 1.07.90 is the best. I have a feeling when 1.09.xx comes out, everyone will be saying how great 1.08.xx was.

:confused:

Reactions: kavy
When 1.07.90 was the latest and newest.... everyone was moaning about it. Now that something else came out, everyone is saying that 1.07.90 is the best. I have a feeling when 1.09.xx comes out, everyone will be saying how great 1.08.xx was.

:confused:
Lol, ok

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan