Stupidity should be painfull....

Got one of those crash videos too. Maybe we should have a "Crash Thread". Might be educational, most definitively entertaining!

This crash was caused by a poorly planned Litchi Waypoint mission. The planning was poor in that when I designed the mission using Google Earth, I missed a narrow ridge that was about 200 feet higher than either of the two waypoints (before ridge and after ridge - but none on the ridge!). So, the P3P faithfully executed the plan only to fly right into the side of the mountain below the narrow ridge ad 25MPH. The good thing is that it hit a cedar or juniper tree first causing it to spin and effectively slow down before hitting the ground upside down. No damage to the gimbal, camera and landing gear. Very little "external" damage to the shell (few cracks and a bit of shell separation. After I got it home, I checked it out closer, started it up, did all the calibrations - no problem, camera, gimbal working fine. However, I got an ESC error when attempting to start the motors. The main board had a blown ESC. So, I ended up having to rebuild it. I purchased a new shell, battery cage and main board. Everything else looked just fine. I rebuilt it from the ground up and doing a careful job, the bird is better now than it had ever been before. I never have any compas, GPS or gimbal issues anymore. My communication range has been extremely reliable, reaching farther than before. I think this has all to do with proper connector seating and cable routing especially the antenna, GPS and compas cables. I have been flying over 100 miles since the rebuild with zero issues.

Here's the crash video - enjoy!

Got one of those crash videos too. Maybe we should have a "Crash Thread". Might be educational, most definitively entertaining!

This crash was caused by a poorly planned Litchi Waypoint mission. The planning was poor in that when I designed the mission using Google Earth, I missed a narrow ridge that was about 200 feet higher than either of the two waypoints (before ridge and after ridge - but none on the ridge!). So, the P3P faithfully executed the plan only to fly right into the side of the mountain below the narrow ridge ad 25MPH. The good thing is that it hit a cedar or juniper tree first causing it to spin and effectively slow down before hitting the ground upside down. No damage to the gimbal, camera and landing gear. Very little "external" damage to the shell (few cracks and a bit of shell separation. After I got it home, I checked it out closer, started it up, did all the calibrations - no problem, camera, gimbal working fine. However, I got an ESC error when attempting to start the motors. The main board had a blown ESC. So, I ended up having to rebuild it. I purchased a new shell, battery cage and main board. Everything else looked just fine. I rebuilt it from the ground up and doing a careful job, the bird is better now than it had ever been before. I never have any compas, GPS or gimbal issues anymore. My communication range has been extremely reliable, reaching farther than before. I think this has all to do with proper connector seating and cable routing especially the antenna, GPS and compas cables. I have been flying over 100 miles since the rebuild with zero issues.

Here's the crash video - enjoy!

Thank you for sharing... But I can not say it was enjoyable... I was on pins and needle waiting for the crash. It is painful to watch. Glad no one was hurt and everything was repairable. Your video is beautiful! Great piece of flying..errrr..except for that little bit at the end...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing