Stress cracks

Reaction score
After reading a lot about stress cracks, I checked my p3p and I have cracks as well. I'm not sure how to send this back to DJI, and also wonder if anyone has, and how long is the turnaround time? Disappointing:( is there anything I can do to strengthen this( epoxy etc.) to keep from sending this back?

I 3 D Print Arm Reinforcements. Multiple colors and comes with all needed bolts. I never fly without em.
Here is a picture of them installed on my Advanced.
2016-04-26 16.17.07.jpg

Personal Message me if you want to pic up a set.

After reading a lot about stress cracks, I checked my p3p and I have cracks as well. I'm not sure how to send this back to DJI, and also wonder if anyone has, and how long is the turnaround time? Disappointing:( is there anything I can do to strengthen this( epoxy etc.) to keep from sending this back?
Did DJI work with you on this ?

Reactions: Mudcat
UAV Bits has the original Strong Arm reinforcement plate. That's what most people use. If DJI does not replace it for you, contact UAV Bits for help.

For cracks Bondic looks like a good choice. it is a UV cured resin... only about 20 dollars..

I think most of the P3 got this problem. i thought i didnt but today i checked my P3A at first i couldnt see them then i gently felt with my finger over the screws and there they were on every singel arm. i hade litle dirt on the finger that went in the tiny cracks and made them visible. I have had my p3 for less than a year and have had it in the air around 15 times. i fly very calm with it no hard turns or fast throttle moves. But i have no problem with the quad it flies very stable. But maybe the reinforcement is the safe way to go.

Attachments

• IMG_3306.JPG
    IMG_3306.JPG
    967.7 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_3307.JPG
    IMG_3307.JPG
    996.4 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
I got a stress crack with less than 3 hours time on my P3A - no crashes and just gentle flight. Process to return it was a little stressful as there were times when the customer service rep was quoting 14 day warranty for cracks (this was a 15 day old aircraft), and not guaranteeing that it would be covered under warranty. Took just under 2 weeks including shipping to them and back to me but they covered the repair. I'm not a fan of having to engineer a solution to an obvious manufacturer's issue so I'll probably just sell the bird and move on.

I just sent mine to DJI on Monday, they paid shipping and all.

Sent them the drone only, in a box with bubble wrap and paper.
RMA on front and back of the box.

I just sent mine to DJI on Monday, they paid shipping and all.

Sent them the drone only, in a box with bubble wrap and paper.
RMA on front and back of the box.
I just shipped mine out also about 7 flights on my bird bought i back down,did post flight inspection and had a crack,thought it was dirt,but it wasnt could feel the slight crack with finger nail.I hope they put a decent shell on it the amount of money we spend on these things and after 7 flights getting a crack,thats bad workmanship or materials there using.

I was quoted 209 to fix mine out of warranty so I ordered a set of reinforcements and used JB weld to hold them on. I have to say it feels very secure.
ad8ae68a3dd28cfad692f01ca1791ba0.jpg
9e1aabcaf818892aee8d7817242e9a0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl