Stress Cracks Phantom 4, what do I do?

There are times when it's helpful. Landing in strong wind, on a boat, in a dusty area etc.

Geo

I see. Its kind of fun when landing in strong wind :) I would wait for the gusts to stop then descend and as I am going down correct for wind and land. Hairy landings between the trees and house but its a fun challenge.

It's an old thread but I hope he kept the bird... If I sold every piece of equipment, vehicle or toy after reading derogatory information on the internet I'd have a lot more room in my garage and a lot more money... (hey, wait.... ) Er, well, anyway, google darn near anything along with the terms problems or glitches and you'll read everything that's ever gone wrong with the gismo. Take into consideration that in every human pursuit there are always those people who seem to expect perfection from the equipment with little or no effort on their part.... which surprisingly never seems to work out in their favor.. Very little is said about the many many hours of flawless performance many many people are enjoying. Droning is FUN! DJI makes a product that warts and all is much better than the alternatives.

Yes it it. It is a ton of fun, addicted to flying my drone and then looking forward to watching those 4K videos. Very relaxing after a hard day of work. Just 10-15 minutes of flying puts me in a good relaxed mood :) I even bought a second P4 to keep as a spare in the event of a loss etc.. when they had those 760 dollar P4 sales.

I notice some having stress cracks mention babying their bird including hand catching. I've done a lot of hand catching myself and I believe that adds stress to the legs and mounts. More recently I've refrained from hand catching unless necessary. Thoughts?

Geo
I've always felt that hand catching places unnecessary stress on the phantom. Best (for me) to allow it to land naturally so that its weight is as evenly distributed/dispersed as possible.

Reactions: elsapo2001

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor