Stress cracks and epoxy

I'm no designer of this marvelous machine, but I'm wondering , and maybe someone can answer this question.
But to me those stress cracks are coming from the tremendous vibrations that must be coming from the spinning motors.
I'm sure those blade are slowing down and speed up and causing stess on the arms supporting them.
Is there a way if not already done or thought of a way to add some kind of shock absorbing material at the base of the motors absorb the shock.
No deferent in big trucks pulling a very fragile load and will have air ride rubber cushions between wheels and trailer to absorb shock and bumps.
Just a thought.
These birds I'm sure don't have built into them arms that bend to the airodinamics, they are just hard shell units.
Just my half a dime of thinking.
RobertC.

Seems like a good idea! Specially when you fly sports mode coming to a stop is a a lot of stress on the engine mountings.
Could be over tightening of the screws as well? i don't fly my drone hard at all.

Seems like a good idea! Specially when you fly sports mode coming to a stop is a a lot of stress on the engine mountings.
Could be over tightening of the screws as well? i don't fly my drone hard at all.

@RobertCC Balancing the props will go a long way to reducing the vibrations...

Re Shock absorbers: It's certainly another good idea and if you can design and manufacture a robust and sure-fire way of easily adding some shock-absorbing mounts, along with the slightly extra-length screws that might be required, then I am sure you would get some sales, albeit at quite a cheap selling price. But you'd also need to design some system for making sure that the motors exactly retained the same pitch/mounting orientation within the price, so that could be could be another problem...

Yes, over-tightening of the screws, whether from the factory or elsewhere, doesn't help either - and checking/slackening them off a bit is definitely a good bit of advice for all P3/P4 droners..

I also never fly my drone aggressively - Sudden stops/starts/acceleration/hard landings/ all add to the stresses on the airframe, with possible negative outcomes (cracks etc)....

When you take the screws out, the shells are actually quite flexible - That's why they pop out of alignment on the edges when you crash...

Last edited:
Yes sir you are quite, correct in balancing your blades.
I'm on my way to becoming a P3P pilot and I have read a lot of info on these birds.
I'm also a electrical engineer , and I high tech computer geek.
I started off with the toy ar parrot drone, did a lot of repair and blade balancing.
I'm also from the RC craft world and did a lot of building my own.
Looking forward to flying the P3P.
Thx for the answer.
Robertc

Reactions: Dounin Front
I have balance my blades regularly and used reinforcement plates on my P3 and reinforcement plates and Plast-Aid to reinforce the inner plastic wells where the motors attach on my P1. All still flying. Just don't overtighten the screws.

Reactions: Dounin Front

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart