Stress crack repair & protective plugs

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Unfortunately, few days before I discovered my first stress crack on my Phantom 4. I will not go into details, how it was created, possibilities etc. I fly my drone once a week, most of the time hand catch, I use the sport mode a lot since this is offered by the machine..

So as you can see from the photo below, the crack is quite big, and I tried to repair it with Gorilla very strong glue. Before repairing, I removed the plastic prop installation protective plug because it was looking like this does stretch the crack more. I applied the glue, left it overnight, and in the morning it was looking like it was stuck for good, I couldn't see the crack moving if i forced it with my bear fingers. But once, I inserted the plastic protective plug back, the crack opened again :(. I will give it one more try, but eventually I will apply the glue again and this time I will not put the plastic cover back.

Do you guys think there will be any issue if I will use the drone without these protective plugs? I will probably remove all 4 so the aircraft is balanced in terms of weight and aerodynamics.

Thank you

21691052_10214214235253189_1720103130_n.jpg

What motor is this on?
My first crack looks like it was in the exact same spot.
Good super glue fixed it
Take it apart and fix/glue from the inside then a light layer of glue on the outside.
Not issues on mine after that other than two more in a different spot now.

Haven't through fixing it from the inside. That requires quite a dissembling :)

I might give it a try over the weekend.

Thank you for the advise

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl