Strange P2 LED Pattern/Error

Reaction score
No matter what I do, I cannot shed this strange LED pattern. I have researched everywhere and am coming up dry. DroneFly says it needs advanced calibration, but I have done several calibrations, both basic and advanced as well as compass and controller calibrations and still can't get rid of the lights. All firmware is up to date, all updates are done.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_tdgmV ... e=youtu.be

Did this straight out of the box brand new with no flights. So strange. Someone has to know.

instax said:
Did this straight out of the box brand new with no flights. So strange. Someone has to know.

Straight out of the box? I would send it straight the hell back. You paid for a correct and fully functioning Phantom. If DF says its a compass issues, which I find hard to believe.....I've never seen that pattern, let them pay for postage and have them correct it.

It was the airport. The city of Boston is basically one big NO FLY zone. Had to make a tinfoil hat to block the GPS and all is resolved, no 50 ft. altitude limit at my house anymore (just outside the red zone but inside the yellow zone.)

Good call. Does anyone have a way to disable the GPS temporarily rather than a tin foil shield?

Thanks!
-D

instax said:
It was the airport. The city of Boston is basically one big NO FLY zone. Had to make a tinfoil hat to block the GPS and all is resolved, no 50 ft. altitude limit at my house anymore (just outside the red zone but inside the yellow zone.)

Good call. Does anyone have a way to disable the GPS temporarily rather than a tin foil shield?

Thanks!
-D

Thanks for the heads up! Ill check on some solutions!

you could just disconnect the GPS cable inside the shell, but that's not exactly "temporary". You're sacrificing home lock and failsafe if the Phantom can't GPS lock, but it works... kinda like flying indoors.
If you want to see how to do that, it's the first step in this video

Personally I'd just fly outside the exclusion zone

QYV said:
you could just disconnect the GPS cable inside the shell, but that's not exactly "temporary". You're sacrificing home lock and failsafe if the Phantom can't GPS lock, but it works... kinda like flying indoors.
If you want to see how to do that, it's the first step in this video

Personally I'd just fly outside the exclusion zone

I wonder if it would be possible to put a toggle switch in-line?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl