strange behaviour of DJI app after camera firmware update

Reaction score
I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere so a new topic. After the last update when the camera app connects everything is fine, but... If I switch to raw format and take a picture the app freezes for a moment after the screen comes back on and starts recording a movie (?!). Then the screen does not respond and the movie cannot be stopped. When I switch off the Phantom and take out the card the picture taken (both raw and jpg) is there and so is the movie.

Really strange... anybody else come across that?

One note - testing was done just to see the quality of the raw pics indoors without GPS coverage - could that be the reason? Weather outside is too bad to do any field tests at the moment.

Re: strange behaviour of DJI app after camera firmware updat

Mine is doing something similar, after switching to raw and taking a pic it starts recording but I am able to stop the recording.

Think you need to go into settings and change it to not record with lost signal. You actually lose signal for a bit, thus it records video automatically. This is my understanding any way.

dastagg said:
Think you need to go into settings and change it to not record with lost signal. You actually lose signal for a bit, thus it records video automatically. This is my understanding any way.

That option is already switched off. Anyhow - why should I loose the signal? I did take raw pics previously (hoping they'll eventually be readable, oh well...) and never had the connection problem. Signal may get lost in certain environments, sure, but without any strong wifi or any other signal around it would be strange.

Reactions: Propking

Ok, I read that in another thread here somewhere that it loses signal with RAW for just a second. Oh well.

im having the same issue. ive had my p2v+ for a really long time now and never had this problem. i didn't fly it for like three months though so before i took her up i updated everything. i dont really care about raw images so how do i turn that off so it stops recording everytime i take photo? super annoying for me lol. thanks in advance!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl