Stock P3S, with latest firmware, using Litchi app, better distance??

Reaction score
Does using Litchi app rather than DJIGO, after updating with latest firmware, does stock P3S get better distance?? Thx

No ... as that is down to the RC and AC connection - nothing really to do with the APP used.

If RC and AC lose connection then AC enters Failsafe ...

Nigel

SO, did the latest software just limit the output power to the antennas? I get about 950 feet at 150 altitude with line of sight before RC disconnects.Do all the phantom 3's have the same situation?

Last edited:
Most people have short range as stock as they fly in areas that have some interference etc.

About the only guys who get really good range stock are flying of sides / tops of hills ... have really clear open spaces etc.

I had around 300m stock ... which agrees with yours.

Now with modifications I have over 2000m ....

Nigel

Thx, Nigel, and etal. Last day to return P3S to Bestbuy, just trying to make sure I made a good choice at $410.00.

Argtek base antenna system and Icarus Software

Nigel

With stock P3S, I got 3200ft on DJI app, 6200ft on Litchi app. Then I only added a $4 birdside dipole mod, and I got 4300ft on DJI Go, and 8250ft on Litchi. So in my experience with no interference in open desert, I get double the distance using Litchi, and adding the dipole mod adds about 33% distance to both.

Phantom 3 standard's range (with no interference) is claimed stock 3200 feet.

That depends if FCC or CE area.

CE range is quoted as 500m ... about 1600ft.

Many people don't get either of those ...

Nigel

I ran a back to back range test, Litchi vs DJI. I guess I should had ran it over and over. But it showed litchi having a better connection in my opinion. I was getting bad video at about 700ft with DJI go. (newest version 3.13) These flights were only a few minutes apart and in the same (no interference) location.

Attachments

• djigo3.13vsLitchi.jpg
    djigo3.13vsLitchi.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 406
I ran a back to back range test, Litchi vs DJI. I guess I should had ran it over and over. But it showed litchi having a better connection in my opinion. I was getting bad video at about 700ft with DJI go. (newest version 3.13) These flights were only a few minutes apart and in the same (no interference) location.

There should not be any difference technically as the App does not communicate direct to the AC ... it communicates to the RC which then re-transmits / receives the App's / AC Video / Telemetry info.

As I say before - how can a iPad or Android transmit WiFi such distance ? It cannot.
Second Magic Power and Icarus UP the RC / AC wifi power to get range increase of video / telemetry only .. nothing to do with Go or Litchi.

Flying same path does not g'tee test figures - weather such as damp air .. high / low pressure / temperature etc. all affect RF - which WiFi is despite its apparent difference.

Nigel

Reactions: HarleyKen
Litchi WP mission were the only way I could get any range out of my standard
180m out of the box consistent 400m with DBS GO or Litchi all in open country.
What I always found strange was that the video transition was always good right out to 1km
I have an Advanced now

I have over 200 flights and have used both litchi and dji and have to say I get way better range with litchi. Not sure why but I do. I can't go as far with dji without losing signal then I can with litchi. I use litchi more because of that issue. I fly in same spot everyday at work on my lunch break and just go out in diffrent directions. I'm not trying to argue but just stating facts for me.

Yesterday flew back to back GO 3.1.4 (Android) and Litchi.

The Go app had terrible lag at start .. seemed to sort and then lag crept in odd times. But overall - I think its better than previous GO ...

Litchi had small moments of lag ... but I was using screen recorder which can cause this.

Both produced flights over 2400m ... so I cannot say one is better than other. Both had WiFi 2.4 connection when 5.8 signal was lost and RTH kicked in.

I will link the screen recordings once uploaded to YT.

Nigel

Here's the screen recording of DJI GO 3.1.4 (Android) on a P3S...

Icarus SW boosting the 2.4 WiFi to 27Dbi and Argtec standard antenna installation.

Litchi flight is still uploading and will be linked very shortly...

Nigel

Now the second flight with Litchi ....

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl