Stock P3A - 3.01 Miles

Reaction score
Averaged 22mph going out 40mph coming back.

I turned around at 56% battery and landed with 31% left.

I never lost RC or video signal not even a flicker.

I probably could have pushed it another 500-1000ft but the goal was 3 miles.

EBStfkY.jpg

What area is this in?
What version of firm ware are you using?

I'm running into issues with weak RC signal and so are other users. I will get a warning around 1000-1600 feet.

Disappointed with the range

Lost signal around 1000-1600 feet,i think that almost impossible for normal PT3.My bird lost control around 1.6 km in forest area and around 3.5km in open area.My firmwae is latest and app android's version.

What area is this in?

I'm running into issues with weak RC signal and so are other users. I will get a warning around 1000-1600 feet.

As you can see from the map it's not out in the boonies but my departure location is very flat and I had a very clear path from me all the way to the P3 at 3 miles away.

I don't think it has anything to do with firmware version. I'm not running the latest due to the VPS issues but it's the version before that. I think the key is to stay a few hundred feet away from neighborhoods or places transmitting a lot of 2.4GHz noise. Keep your antennae's flat sides pointed vertically in line with your P3. Mess with it and watch your signal bars. Also it just depends sometimes. A few weeks ago I tried to push past 2 miles from that same location and was unable to do so.

My suggestion is to find a remote location away from everything and see what kind of range you can get. That's the only way to determine if there an issue with your controller or P3 or if your location is noisy.

As you can see from the map it's not out in the boonies but my departure location is very flat and I had a very clear path from me all the way to the P3 at 3 miles away.

I don't think it has anything to do with firmware version. I'm not running the latest due to the VPS issues but it's the version before that. I think the key is to stay a few hundred feet away from neighborhoods or places transmitting a lot of 2.4GHz noise. Keep your antennae's flat sides pointed vertically in line with your P3. Mess with it and watch your signal bars. Also it just depends sometimes. A few weeks ago I tried to push past 2 miles from that same location and was unable to do so.

My suggestion is to find a remote location away from everything and see what kind of range you can get. That's the only way to determine if there an issue with your controller or P3 or if your location is noisy.

I build some windsail reflectors and went from 1000 ft to over 5000 ft.

What area is this in?

Make sure your antenna are oriented properly. You can also try to rebind your controller to your bird. Your range has nothing to do w/ firmware or app, and everything with antenna orientation and unobstructed views with no radio interference.

I thought I'd try my own design on a windsail reflector. Went out 2 miles with full signal. I'll have to get some tall boys now :) Total cost 3 cents maybe.
20150726_171854.jpg
20150726_171745.jpg
20150726_171756.jpg

Reactions: WalkaboutSean
I tweaked the beer can design. used tallboys for taller reflectors, and just folded the can down the middle. Kinda fun.
20150728_102413.jpg
20150728_102426.jpg
20150728_102440.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl