Still Limited To 50 Meters With New Firmware

Reaction score
As stated in other threads, the latest firmware 'upgrade' causes your drone to limit its range to 50 meters.

I lost a big-paying job because of this firmware update. (Grrr.) I almost lost my drone because I was on a boat, which moved away from the drone, and the drone stopped and would not budge.

I restarted the app, I logged into my account. Still no go.

Can someone tell me how to get my drone back the way it was before this lousy software update?

At 50 meters I get a message that this is the limit of my range, and the drone stops and hovers.
**** Allgire
Honolulu

Did you log in after doing the update and 'register' again as instructed? That should unlock everything back to normal. Also, many setting are reset to defaults during an update. Make sure that you didn't get switched back into beginner mode.

Reactions: With The Birds
have you got the latest version of the app installed? Mine stopped me flying past 30 m until I upgraded the app today (very helpful in the middle of a field!!!)

50m is an odd one though - it may well be that you have dropped back into beginner mode

I'm having the same problem . A paid shoot yesterday and I could not get farther than 46 meters! I logged in during the update, but the bird is limited in the extreme on how far away it can get. I am not in beginner mode. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Did you log in after doing the update and 'register' again as instructed? That should unlock everything back to normal. Also, many setting are reset to defaults during an update. Make sure that you didn't get switched back into beginner mode.

Yes, I logged in and registered. I was not in beginner mode. I went to sport mode.

Could it be that I was flying in a yellow caution zone? I have launched at this location many times and flown out 1500 meters and up to 300. Now, it limits me.
Could that be what this is about?

One final question. If I log in at home in my wifi network, then go to the beach to fly, but can't log in there, will I still have restrictions?

This is irritating as hell. I've been flying this drone for months. I'm pretty good at it, using it for professional videos. Now, all of sudden with this firm ware update I can no longer fly my drone, and I can't seem to understand why.

Reactions: lickitysplit11111
If you can log in....
Yeah, let me reword that... Once you are able to login and have logged in successfully, you shouldn't need to log in again at a later time. I think DJI says you are supposed to log in every 3 months.

I discovered that the Go 4 app was not current. Deleted it and downloaded it again. Fired up the p4p and it did a firmware update. All was well after that. I had already updated the quad with the assistant, so not just sure what it needed to do, but whatever it was it worked.
Make sure you have the app that includes the Spark.

Reactions: andy_k
I'm having the same problem . A paid shoot yesterday and I could not get farther than 46 meters! I logged in during the update, but the bird is limited in the extreme on how far away it can get. I am not in beginner mode. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!
Your not alone here plenty of people have complained about having the same issue, even the fanboys...

Your not alone here plenty of people have complained about having the same issue, even the fanboys...
What works is you should not be logged in when flying. Fly in airplane mode, it has other benefits too. If you are logged into DJI on wifi or cellular as you are flying, the restrictions come into effect.

What works is you should not be logged in when flying. Fly in airplane mode, it has other benefits too. If you are logged into DJI on wifi or cellular as you are flying, the restrictions come into effect.

no.....if you log in to DJI once you don't have to do it again for the foreseeable future - trying to circumvent updates is all well and good until your tablet/phone connects to the internet (for whatever reason) when it will download a new version and effectively disable the old one.

no.....if you log in to DJI once you don't have to do it again for the foreseeable future

I'm logging into the app as instructed, have all updates, but still getting hit with the 30m limit randomly, say 50/50, its now happend quite a few times to the point its becoming both annoying and unsafe

I'm logging into the app as instructed, have all updates, but still getting hit with the 30m limit randomly, say 50/50, its now happend quite a few times to the point its becoming both annoying and unsafe

have you updated to the latest version of the app? Updated on Android 30th June

Annoying I get but I'm not sure how it's unsafe :D

have you updated to the latest version of the app? Updated on Android 30th June

Annoying I get but I'm not sure how it's unsafe :D
Yep, just the other day, 4.1.3 or something

Unreliable rapidly becomes unsafe in the enviroments I operate within

Uninstall and re-install the app - I'd clear out all of the DJI folders off your device as well before you re-install - that should stop any internal conflicts.

Is your phone/tablet on the approved list?

Reactions: Deeps
As stated in other threads, the latest firmware 'upgrade' causes your drone to limit its range to 50 meters.

I lost a big-paying job because of this firmware update. (Grrr.) I almost lost my drone because I was on a boat, which moved away from the drone, and the drone stopped and would not budge.

I restarted the app, I logged into my account. Still no go.

Can someone tell me how to get my drone back the way it was before this lousy software update?

At 50 meters I get a message that this is the limit of my range, and the drone stops and hovers.
**** Allgire
Honolulu

I had the same issue and received this from DJI which worked for me!

“The app is restricting your flight distance so that your drone will not be lost or crash and this is for security purposes and by doing those steps mention above (in attached image) will help you unlock this issue.“

Attachments

• F1BA2D8C-B37B-40F4-B98C-F8B803B0840C.jpeg
    F1BA2D8C-B37B-40F4-B98C-F8B803B0840C.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 391
I had the same issue and received this from DJI which worked for me!

“The app is restricting your flight distance so that your drone will not be lost or crash and this is for security purposes and by doing those steps mention above (in attached image) will help you unlock this issue.“

IMHO, everything is correct except the imu and compass calibration. If you are experiencing this, please log out of the app and then remove it. On ios I recommend and reboot and on android I recommend using a file browser and remove anything referenced to DJI. After that please reinstall with the most up to date app and then login via a valid internet connection. You shouldn't have a problem after doing the above.

After updating a few days ago, two times after turning on the drone it limited me. Found if i returned manually and landed then took off again it worked and went about a half mile where i needed. Bo clue why or why landing and taking off again mattered.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart