Step by step how to find lost P4

Reaction score
I have not lost my P4 but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so my question is, is there a step step best practice for finding a lost drone that went out of sight when it went down? I don't want to have to figure out how to do it on the fly (pun intended) after I loose it. I would rather practice it knowing where the drone really is and then be comfortable and ready if it ever happens for real. I am not real familiar with the site so excuse me if I just couldn't find an existing thread or sticky.
Thanks
Jim

There are a number of ways to assist in locating a lost drone if you assume the fatalist position.
You can review your flight logs to get an approximate last know location.
You can use the phantom log view link on this site for interrogation and assistance by some of the clever people here.
You could try devices such as MarcoPolo or a number of either GPS or SIM card enabled gadgets to help you pinpoint your lost drone.
You can also use the 'Find my drone' function in the GO 4 app which I have tested and is reasonable over a limited distance.
If you are comfortable with flying your P4 and understanding how the features work, particularly lost signal RTH and how to use the radar display when you've lost video telemetry, you should be fine.
I have yet to bin any of my drones, some were certainly due to luck but each event was my fault.

There are a number of ways to assist in locating a lost drone if you assume the fatalist position.
You can review your flight logs to get an approximate last know location.
You can use the phantom log view link on this site for interrogation and assistance by some of the clever people here.
You could try devices such as MarcoPolo or a number of either GPS or SIM card enabled gadgets to help you pinpoint your lost drone.
You can also use the 'Find my drone' function in the GO 4 app which I have tested and is reasonable over a limited distance.
If you are comfortable with flying your P4 and understanding how the features work, particularly lost signal RTH and how to use the radar display when you've lost video telemetry, you should be fine.
I have yet to bin any of my drones, some were certainly due to luck but each event was my fault.
Thanks... I hope I never need it, but this will give me a place to start to be prepared. I am pretty carefull so with any luck I can keep it as a plan that never gets put to use.

Thanks... I hope I never need it, but this will give me a place to start to be prepared. I am pretty carefull so with any luck I can keep it as a plan that never gets put to use.
No worries, it took me to make a couple of mistakes to realise there was much to learn as I wasn't as clever as I thought.
I do push the boundaries occasionally but have moved past the 'I just crapped my pants' moments I used to have....
Enjoy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen