Statue of Liberty time

Reaction score
Also known as hand catch!
It really is so easy - just look at the shadow - much clearer on the video itself!
I really don't know why anyone would bother with any other method?
Rough ground - fences both sides - much safer this way.

Attachments

• vlcsnap.jpg
    vlcsnap.jpg
    657.1 KB · Views: 694
Reactions: bobmyers and Stinch
Thank goodness. At first I thought it would be video of flying around the actual Statue of Liberty.

Reactions: Mholz
Also known as hand catch!
It really is so easy - just look at the shadow - much clearer on the video itself!
I really don't know why anyone would bother with any other method?
Rough ground - fences both sides - much safer this way.

Hi Wibble I've got one of those as well, see the end of this short video, I couldn't reach it first time as I was tethered to my tripod with fpv RX on
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Teccer
Just curious. Where was this video taken. I have a motor home and it looks like a motor home rally. Great shot

I never thought of it like that

Yes, the SOL is most certainly off limits, not to mention the continuous stream of low flying helicopters going up and down the river all day.

Reactions: DeputyDrone
Yes, the SOL is most certainly off limits, not to mention the continuous stream of low flying helicopters going up and down the river all day.

Appears its National Park. As such, no operating from, landing on or taking off from that property. No specific law about flying around it. Would need to comply with all FAA guidelines.

Appears its National Park. As such, no operating from, landing on or taking off from that property. No specific law about flying around it. Would need to comply with all FAA guidelines.

i know this to be true.

so flying up to and around should be ok?

i know this to be true.

so flying up to and around should be ok?
As long as you are not on their property and are not flying in a reckless manner. However, 1) thus does not mean they won't tell you that you cannot fly and 2) does not mean they can't just say it's reckless and tell you that you can't fly. Any legal flying should only result in law enforcement telling you it's not legal or you can't fly, not in a citation. However, you would be pushing the envelope. Of you do it, I'd recommend printing up Federal Park rules and FAA rules and keeping them in your pocket. Be prepared to be harassed.

I gave it a shot

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I was about a mile away and got in her face. First and last time

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You got close but if I were to go as far as you did, I would have literally gotten in her face... say, 10 or 20 feet from her!

I take things to the limit when it comes to capturing some great footage and I'm pretty damned good at navigating up close and personal shots! :)

Excellent video, nonetheless!

Much props!

I was going to but message came across the screen telling me I was in unauthorized airspace and it started counting down. I'm gonna shoot right in next time I do it

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan