Startup Light Sequence?

Reaction score
Here is a question to all the pros. I am new to the Phantom and so far all is great. My question is about the startup sequence. I have read and watched videos and I wonder if this is a change in the firmware versions. I am running the latest NAZA-M V2 Assistant and firmware 3.13, GPS 6.0.1.3. An advanced IMU calibration and Compass Calibration was performed just prior to this video. The startup sequence is with transmitter in GPS mode, CL & HL off. You will notice there are TWO long fast blinking green light sequences before it goes into the steady single blinking green light. Everything I have read and seen only shows ONE long fast blinking green light sequence.
Is this right for this firmware? Am I missing something?
I have had no issues flying other than a slight toilet bowl effect when it first starts out at hover. I always wait until the light is a steady single blinking green before takeoff. I live in Alaska so I wonder if the magnetic declination is the cause of the “toilet bowl effect” if so can this be adjusted?
Thank you for your support.
http://youtu.be/Za-E9FkNwnU

We have toilet bowl in the Deep South also.

It just be that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as I see green and no red in GPS, I fly. Mine usually does a fast green flash when it's locked at home position. I sometimes get 1 red after that then green.

I'll have to check the LED info in the manual to check further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCADAMON said:
How bout them lights?

Those are not long green lights at all.

what you're seeing is the newer firmware "20x green blinks" indicating that Home Location and Orientation is being recorded (a very assuring thing to see).

.. tho I can't say that I've seen it happen TWICE after a warmup! that's a bit odd.

Gizmo3000 said:
SCADAMON said:
How bout them lights?

what you're seeing is the newer firmware "20x green blinks" indicating that Home Location and Orientation is being recorded (a very assuring thing to see).

.. tho I can't say that I've seen it happen TWICE after a warmup! that's a bit odd.

In my phantom 20 GREEN sequence occurs twice only when GREEN - RED leds (6 satellite locks). some seconds after that, looks like again it is trying and locks >6 satellites and againg 20 GREEN is showed.

jumanoc said:
Gizmo3000 said:
SCADAMON said:
How bout them lights?

In my phantom 20 GREEN sequence occurs twice only when GREEN - RED leds (6 satellite locks). some seconds after that, looks like again it is trying and locks >6 satellites and againg 20 GREEN is showed.

Thanks I like being LOCKED ON...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl