Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Starting F550 Build and Have Questions

Discussion in 'Other DJI Multi-Rotors' started by rebelyellNC, Jan 17, 2017.

1. rebelyellNC

Sounds cool. Do you fly FPV, and if so, do you have telemetry on your monitor, including voltage?

2. skypuppy

Just got my F550 kit a few days ago. Didn't realize there would be no ground controller or FPV equipment included, :( So I'm spending hours trying to find a good fit.
    It came with a Naza V2 (is that the same as a Naza M?) and Zenmuse H3-3D. Now where can I find a Hero 3? :)
    Looking forward to flying this thing once I get all the necessary parts. Btw, been flying Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4k for several months, so not new to drones.
    Also, thinking seriously about installing a Pixhawk (or son of) instead of the Naza so I can use "Mission Planner" or "Tower" flight planning software. Do you guys know if either of those programs can run the Naza board?

3. rebelyellNC

Hey skypup, welcome to the forums. Where did you get your F550 kit from? and didn't they have a complete list of all the components on their site?

The flight controller is a NAZA-M V2, so yes they are the same thing.

Since they are a little dated, maybe Ebay would be a good place to look. Or you could try a GoPro clone like the SJCAM SJ4000. That's what I had on my P1.1.1 and was very pleased with it.

Sorry pup, no experience with any of that software stuff. Strictly hands on the sticks for me, but someone here may chime in with a tip.

At any rate, have fun with your build, and if you hit any snags, I'll try to help, as well as others here. Keep us updated with the build (with pics if possible).