Standard photos always look so dull

I haven't used bracketed mode on the drone, but from working with HDR in the past, I might suggest just shooting in raw, then in post creating 3 or more different pictures with different exposures.

For those that are not familiar with HDR photography, the basic explanation is that you take multiple shots with different exposure levels (ie. -3,-1, +1, +3) and then combine them in software. This gives you much greater color and contrast separation.

Now the reason for shooting 1 RAW picture (DNG is the file format with the drone camera) is that you are working off of one picture. The problem with multiple shots is that when you combine these pictures if there is motion, you will get blurring in your picture. Even sitting a camera on a tripod can have this blurring issue as trees move in the breeze, or people walking. The single shot that you create multiple exposures with will eliminate this.

A program that I have used that is super easy to use to combine the pictures is Photomatix. I attached a picture I took (with nikon camera) in a park as a single RAW image and combined in Photomatix. I went heavy on the HDR here to create an artistic look. In the software, you can adjust to create a natural look or go crazy. If you want to further enhance colors, I think Lightroom is one of the best and easiest programs to use.

Are you saying that when you take a picture you set the exposure with the drone in the air through the app and take a picture 5 times with different exposures.

58c7026c2dea5a01fb4775abac43818e--A.jpg
I used a photoshop plug-in called Topaz and Vibrance...It makes it appear to be more detailed and colorful...it is only a Sony 12 meg sensor..I also smoothed out the sky so the "grain" wasn't so apparent.

Hmmm. Viewing all these 'samples', which most of them are excellent, I am a little concerned about the magenta cast which seems to be evident in nearly all of them, even from different people. I used to have a Sigma camera that was over-sensitive to magenta and I had a hell of a job to post-process it out. Eventually found the simplest method on Photoshop was the best. This was to just use 'auto-colour' in the basic 'image' tab and then make a final adjustment with 'fade auto-color' in the 'Edit' tab. Try it, you might find it works OK with your stills from the Phantom.

Yeah it's an advanced, but I was thinking there was little if any difference in the A and the Standard except for more pixels, you know 3000x2000 or whatever vs 4000x3000 or whatever they are.
OK, I just went and did some research..... Yeah I just looked at the one I posted, it came out of the camera 4K by 3K. The literature calls the Standard camera a "12 megapixel" camera, so it is the same or close, by the numbers. I am not an expert, but I was thinking the difference between the two was more in the video area, but I don't know off the top of my head. To get that "Postcard" look I always go into every camera and juice up the Saturation and Contrast, whether it is a Kodak Easyshare, My Canon EOS, or a BumbleBee with a Instamatic on steroids.
The P3P has same camera..12 megapixel Sony

Hmmm. Viewing all these 'samples', which most of them are excellent, I am a little concerned about the magenta cast which seems to be evident in nearly all of them, even from different people. I used to have a Sigma camera that was over-sensitive to magenta and I had a hell of a job to post-process it out. Eventually found the simplest method on Photoshop was the best. This was to just use 'auto-colour' in the basic 'image' tab and then make a final adjustment with 'fade auto-color' in the 'Edit' tab. Try it, you might find it works OK with your stills from the Phantom.
Is there anything wrong with a little Magenta between friends? lol

Even the best pros "improve" their photos in "Post Production". I use Photoshop to brighten, increase vibrancy, color saturation and of course cropping.

I don't any pro who expects the photo straight out of the camera to be good enough to hand over to the client.

Is this image cropped in software? The color is one thing, but the noise in this picture leads me to believe that you cropped in. If so, can you post the original?
I was just trying to show PhantomDanStandard from page one how it could be edited..his image not mine..need to ask him about original photo. I just saved what was here and reposted.

Here is a pic I took with my P3S and did a quick run through PhotoPad. Now I'm still VERY new to this but I think it turned out pretty well. First pic is original from SD card and second is edited.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing