End

Both are great drones. If you plan to fly in areas with lots of Wi-Fi (potentially creating interference) or need to shoot 4K video, then the Phantom 3 Professional would be a better fit for you.

Both are great drones. If you plan to fly in areas with lots of Wi-Fi (potentially creating interference) or need to shoot 4K video, then the Phantom 3 Professional would be a better fit for you.
For the price and being new to flying drones would would buy the 400 or 800 and are they both good drones for a beginner

Flight-wise, they feel very similar. I'd personally base my decision on the two points I noted above.

I guess one of the questions to answer is: would you be comfortable buying one used? I bought a Phantom 3 Pro with two batteries, extra props for $540 and it was in mint condition. It has worked flawless and I didn't have to settle for the standard.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

i was in a similar boat. my budget allows me to either get the standard with 3 batteries or the pro with 2 batteries and a few added accessories

i went out to the store and they gave me a chance to see it in action.

in the middle of Seapoint (cape town) city the standard did not perform well. there was alot of interference from other wifi signals, i kept losing video connection and it was just unbearable. (had i used it on an open area it would have been better)

i then tried the P3P and was blow away! the store assistant took off in the middle of a street and then proceeded to go all the way down towards the beach front 400m away without hassle.

I'm going to buy my first drone and I am not sure which one I should buy. Does anyone have any advice please very new to this. Are there any differences that anyone could tell me I'm not sure why there is such a price difference ??

the technology for video streaming is digital and superior in the advanced and pro
the standard uses WIFI and that brings all the interference issues etc.

those that have had them all or both will say to get the better one if you can afford it in any way. Long term you will not be saying I wish.....

if in US

go for this
Used DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter with 2.7K CP.PT.000160

or

Used DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter with 4K CP.PT.000181

I say go for the pro. Got mine from B&H in December for $699 and the range is outstanding. Getting another one on eBay just as a backup.

If ur looking at a standard or a 4K (not the pro) I would seriously contemplate the advanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think all the P3 series are wifi link, except the Pro which uses Lightbridge. This is a definite plus in my opinion, but then again I may be wrong here. Maybe this is why the confusing product line is being discontinued for a much simpler choice.

I think all the P3 series are wifi link, except the Pro which uses Lightbridge. This is a definite plus in my opinion, but then again I may be wrong here. Maybe this is why the confusing product line is being discontinued for a much simpler choice.

The advanced uses lightbridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the P3 pro. There's no comparison between wi-fi and lightbridge. You won't be disappointed.

Well that's something I didn't know. I went with the Pro primarily because of Lightbridge and 4K. I figured 2.7k is doesn't have the advantages in editing that 4K does. I'm extremely pleased nonetheless

I'm going to buy my first drone and I am not sure which one I should buy. Does anyone have any advice please very new to this. Are there any differences that anyone could tell me I'm not sure why there is such a price difference ??

The Advanced is the best for price-performance. It uses Lightbridge (not WIFI) like the Professional and has the same controller but has the HD (not 4K) video. It's probably not the best time to pay more than necessary for a Phantom 3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen