Stage 3

Reaction score
Finished the install and flew out to 9000' yesterday.(max i had set in vision assist) Very comfortable with the distance and could have gone further. been testing in increments. BTW, the is with preview at its best res. never lost video or tx. Time to go for 10,000' :D

nelly said:
Finished the install and flew out to 9000' yesterday.(max i had set in vision assist) Very comfortable with the distance and could have gone further. been testing in increments. BTW, the is with preview at its best res. never lost video or tx. Time to go for 10,000' :D

Wow... 10k with 640x480 and 30fps or 15fps?
gotta send fpvlr a message see if they want to sponsor my install a bit

No booster, straight stage 3. I flew yesterday to 9600 before I lost control. I lost control before video

I have stage 3 on order, hoping it arrives in a couple of days.
The modification for stage 2 i already did, just be very very carefull with removing of the small connector of the board (removing the glue, silicone or whatever it is)
Stage 3 has 2 extra of these connectors on the bird, so take your time....
But the reward....... ;-) ;-) ;-)

nelly said:
No booster, straight stage 3. I flew yesterday to 9600 before I lost control. I lost control before video
Wow, jealous. I just did stage 3 and it seems I am getting slightly less distance than with stage 2! (however same coverage irrespective of bird orientation, which I guess is the main point of stage 3). I hit 7k with stage 2 and I haven't gotten past 5500 with stage 3 yet.

I spoke too soon, I'm having a few problems myself. Fly one day to 9600 and the next I can't get past 1500. Really frustrated.

nelly said:
Flew yesterday and lost control at 1540 on multiple runs
Losing control or video? Did you glue the control pigtails connectors onto the board to secure them? (i didn't)
Did you check the antennas that they haven't loosened? I was considering putting some loctite blue on them

I have done everything. I've had my stage 3 for 3months, no problems till now. I've been in contact with tony and still no solution

nelly said:
I have done everything. I've had my stage 3 for 3months, no problems till now. I've been in contact with tony and still no solution
Hmmm. Good luck to you! Please post back if you find the problem

Sorry, but if you finished the install at the beginning of December how have you flown for 3 months?

I actually bought the stage 3 the same time I purchased the phantom. Didn't install until first of December. Sorry for the confusion, should have worded different.

Ahh gotcha. If you have it handy I'd love to see how you mounted the antennas to get to 9000 ft. Pics of the Tx too if you have em. If not no worries

Thanks. Nice paint job. I have the older unattached stage 2 antennas. The control looks like it has one less turn, not sure about the video.

Attachments

• IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    909 KB · Views: 432

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl