Speed adjustments for Yaw control?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are speed adjustments in DJI Go control settings similar to Gimbal settings which allows you to slow down Yaw movement for video smoothness?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Does anyone know if there are speed adjustments in DJI Go control settings similar to Gimbal settings which allows you to slow down Yaw movement for video smoothness?
Yes ... it's called Expo and you find it here:
i-ZNgPbZp-L.png

I've set the middle one to 2. It helps smooth the initial yaw, but still yaws pretty fast. There are a few youtube vids about doing it.

Adjusting the Expo for the yaw to 30 worked a little better for me.

An additional trick I did was to raise the left stick about a 1/4" higher than the right stick. Doing this makes the stick longer. Thereby forcing you to move it further to cause a yaw. This will actually slow your thumb/finger movement.

Hovering at a low level & watching the movements I was able to control the new stick orientation & found I don't need to use as much pressure to move the stick like I did when it was lower. Because, it's now longer & requires less force to acquire a slow turn.

You can raise the stick by unscrewing the lower half then turning the top half to your desired height. Then re-tighten the lower half to secure the new stick position.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: beamerbuilder1
I'm sorry, I meant 20 not 2. And thanks re raising the left stick. I'll try it. I think practicing at low level to see what various inputs do is a great idea as well.

I wish there was a "video mode" setting you could turn on easy to REALLY slow yaw down, then put it back to normal for regular flying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen