Which secondary drone?

• DJI Spark

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • DJI Mavic

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking at the possibility of a second UAV to add to the kit.

My P4 Pro will remain my main for those pre-planned shoots and commercial work, however I’m looking at the idea of a Spark or Mavic for something to carry around for those spare of the moment opportunities and also for holidays.

I know the Mavic is the better equipped UAV, but at twice the price is it worth it for such uses over the Spark? I'm interested to hear you're thoughts.

at twice the price is it worth it for such uses over the Spark?
What do you plan on doing with this extra drone? Does the Spark do everything you need it do? If so, it would be a great fit for your kit. If not, you should consider the Mavic instead.

Well the P4 Pro will remain my main drone for commercial work, but I'd like the capability to have a smaller drone with me most of the time. I'm just aware there is a big jump in features from Spark to Mavic.

Thanks for the reply. I really am still in two minds, I have the P4 Pro for 4k, but then I keep thinking if I’m spending £600 on a Spark, I may as well add a few more hundred and get a Mavic!

I must have watched 10 comparison videos on YouTube lol.

Reactions: ferncfc
I was/am in a similar situation as you. I have a P3S and wanted a secondary drone to use when it is too cumbersome to bring my P3S and to use as a backup drone. I decided on the Spark for a number of reasons: 1) small, light and compact, 2) good photo quality, 3) quick launch, 4) more inconspicuous 5) versatile, especially with the new portable power pack, 6) ability to backpack it with other items (eg., a DSLR), 7) a take anywhere drone, and 8) $$$

Since its going to be a Christmas present, I won't have it until then but am looking forward to having it to take out X-country skiing, snowshoeing and snowmobiling - all things that would be cumbersome or difficult with my P3S.

Chris

If you're asking - if it's worth to upgrade Spark to Mavic Pro, I'd say absolutely. There are plenty of differences. First of all, Mavic Pro can fly longer, it's battery is better. It operates on OcuSync which gives you quicker responses. The thing I love about Mavic Pro is it's controller and Built-In LCD Screen. I think the Footage Quality is much better on DJI Mavic Pro vs Spark. So yeah, I would go for Mavic Pro even if it's my secondary drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3