[SOLVED] FC200 "Egg-camera" 2-axis gimbal

Reaction score
I got a DJI Phantom (2?) Vision (non-plus) with an upgraded gimbal:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-phantom- ... oller.html

I dont have any camera. Not sure to buy a new "egg-camera" or buy another simpler one and have my own video-link (example of camera?).

At startup, both motor locks for a split second, then both motors are off and the gimbal is "loose and the green LED on the gimbal blinks green.
Why?!

The owner says "maybe it wont work with no payload such a camera?".

Re: FC200 "Egg-camera" 2-axis gimbal

I wonder if the gimbal is bad(which is not good news for me as I am in the market for a replacement gimbal)

Is there anyone who have the same camera (FC200-egg) and the same gimbal (2-axis Brushless gimbal for the FC200-egg-camera in the link above) that could test how the gimbal behave if the white cable is not inserted into the camera (before startup and kept out)?

The white plug "should" not make any difference being that normally even with the stock gimble the phantom still sends power to the normal gimbal if its enabled and turned on in the naza assistant software. Tho you are not able to control it threw the vision app if the camera is not plugged in due to the app needing to communicate threw the camera to the phantom to change the pitch. But you can still move the stock gimbal with the 7th channel on the transmitter. So in theroy it should be the same even with the china gimbal

What I would do to see if what the vender said about it not having any weight on it is to try and see if you can place some thing on the gimbal and see if it makes any difference. also check in the naza soft ware to make sure your gimbal switch is indeed turned on. and maybe see if the manual for the gimbals controller card has any thing to say about it. I know there is a setting in the gimbals soft ware for how much power is sent to the motors depending on how heavy of a camera you have on what ever gimbal the controller is used on. in the PID settings. http://www.basecamelectronics.com/files ... _2_eng.pdf and the soft ware for that controller thats used in them can be found here --> http://www.basecamelectronics.com/downloads/8bit/ look for the ver 2.2b2 GUI zip file. That should be the one that that goodluck buy one uses. I also found this video the other day that shows how to install and configure one of them generic gimbles. even tho its a slightly different on this dude is installing its still the same gimble https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjtL4w0fL8g towards the end he shows how to use the GUI software to calibrate and make changes to the gimbals controller.

If you get it figured out lets us know cause I have one of them on order and plan to tackle installing one next week.

While I was just reading about some of the other gimbals that use that same controller i happened to see some one saying they will not work with no weight on them and that the motors need some weight on them for feed back.

Its not my Phantom, im just trying to get it to work.

The only cables from the Phantom to the gimbal is power (red + black) and the white cable to the camera.
There is no camera.

Well, I found one problem... a cable on the gimbal were connected to the wrong connector on the gimbal main board.
Now it works, but I guess the weight (some lead-weights + some batteries) isnt the right. ;-) It works on roll, but not on tilt. It finds the right position, then drifts away, and jumps back to the right position.'

My plan... sell this gimbal to someone who have the egg-camera (FC200) and get another gimbal for a GoPro to this one and skip the app.
Or plan B... get a used egg.

When they come for the egg camera the settings are meant for some thing of the same weight as the egg camera. So you many have to much weight on it for the pitch to work right with the existing settings in the board for the gimbal motor to hold the pitch right. Try it with less weight. Or plug the usb cable in to the board on the gimbal and run the GUI soft ware for the board and see if changeing the motors power setting helps any. If you already have a go pro and wanted to use this for the go pro put the go pro on it recalibrate it and try to tweek the motor settings on it to get it to move the gopro right.

Mickem give me a shout if you don't want the gimbal I will gladly take it off your hands as I need one(mine got damaged in a crash)

The gimbal seems to work so its time to choose between sell gimbal or buy camera. =)
Not my stuff general, and it would be expensive to send it from here, dumb postal prices.
Maybe it will be used to a DJI F450...

Any suggestions of a camera instead of the original egg?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl