[SOLVED?] Fan Noise VPS/Gimbal

Reaction score
So I just got a new P3a and I used a battery from my old phantom, its an Aftermarket PowerExtra battery.

Immediately after powering on the loudest fan noise started, I was like wtf. Powered down and turned on again, same result.

Powered up my old phantom that has this problem and side by side they now make the same high pitched fan noise.

I believe the culprit is the After Market battery made by Power Extra, somehow it has made the fan turn on very loud. Hopefully this may solve some other peoples questions why suddenly there phantom makes this strange sound.

So I just got a new P3a and I used a battery from my old phantom, its an Aftermarket PowerExtra battery.

Immediately after powering on the loudest fan noise started, I was like wtf. Powered down and turned on again, same result.

Powered up my old phantom that has this problem and side by side they now make the same high pitched fan noise.

I believe the culprit is the After Market battery made by Power Extra, somehow it has made the fan turn on very loud. Hopefully this may solve some other peoples questions why suddenly there phantom makes this strange sound.

hello, i think i have the same noise. i had the P3A since Christmas and it didnt used to make this noise. it only started this week. its not a loose gimbal screw that so many others have said. the screw is tight and its a different noise than theirs. its not the gimbal fan bcause the P3A doesnt have a gimbal fan. the noise is coming from the battery or VPS. i have a Phantom battery, not an aftermarket battery. Any suggestions?

I got the same problem. P3A and it sounds really loud... But check this out....

If I leave it armed and the motors are spinning (without me touching the control sticks) the motors spin faster and faster and it feels it will take off. I actually made a youtube video of it called phantom 3 advanced over revs (sorry I can't do link to it)
Check it out and let me know if yours is the same.
1484629643554.png

Neon Euc

I got the same problem. P3A and it sounds really loud... But check this out....

If I leave it armed and the motors are spinning (without me touching the control sticks) the motors spin faster and faster and it feels it will take off. I actually made a youtube video of it called phantom 3 advanced over revs (sorry I can't do link to it)
Check it out and let me know if yours is the same. View attachment 73665

Neon Euc

Here's the linked video for you:

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl