Solution for P3 version 10 firmware?

Reaction score
I am gathering that the issue I am having with my P3 pro is fairly widespread, but I don't see solutions anywhere. It seems that after updating to the version 10 firmware, the drone cannot communicate with the controller. Further, the firmware will not support a rollback.

What's to be done?

Version 10 ?

I am gathering that the issue I am having with my P3 pro is fairly widespread, but I don't see solutions anywhere. It seems that after updating to the version 10 firmware, the drone cannot communicate with the controller. Further, the firmware will not support a rollback.

What's to be done?
Before you went to 1.10, what were you using? What about your RC?

You need to make sure the controller and quad are on the same latest version of firmware,

Had all kinds of problem, video lag, no video, even rebooting of tablet. Using Android. Switched to iPad 4 mini, no problems at all. Seems DJI GO app is written for IOS and modified for Android, causing all kinds of problems depending how long you run it, even joy sticks reversing operation. Forward becomes backwards etc.

Had all kinds of problem, video lag, no video, even rebooting of tablet. Using Android. Switched to iPad 4 mini, no problems at all. Seems DJI GO app is written for IOS and modified for Android, causing all kinds of problems depending how long you run it, even joy sticks reversing operation. Forward becomes backwards etc.

There may be something to the Android point - I managed to catch a message that says "The connected device is unable to access data on this device. Reconnect the USB cable and try again." The message goes on to tell me to download "Android file transfer" for Mac OS.

I am having this problem on an Android 5 and and Android 6 device.

Thousands [ -Thousands - ] of P3 and P4 owners are using DJI Go; DJI Go 4; Litchi; Autopilot on Android Marshmallow or Nougat devices with no attributable issues. Being an online support forum, it is commonplace to hear the 'woes' and not post about the 'goes'.

I'm going to guess the RC is on 1.8? Roll the RC back to 1.6, still doesn't have the range as it did before the 1.10.90/1.8 combo but it is much better than 200 feet.

Thousands [ -Thousands - ] of P3 and P4 owners are using DJI Go; DJI Go 4; Litchi; Autopilot on Android Marshmallow or Nougat devices with no attributable issues. Being an online support forum, it is commonplace to hear the 'woes' and not post about the 'goes'.

I shall disregard this in the same manner it has disregarded my issue.

Reactions: Jnnyr and Avocet
I'm going to guess the RC is on 1.8? Roll the RC back to 1.6, still doesn't have the range as it did before the 1.10.90/1.8 combo but it is much better than 200 feet.

The trouble is, the latest firmware does not support rollback. I have given it a go, to no avail.

The RC does allow rollback to 1.6, I had the same issue and AC 1.10.90 for some people does not like RC 1.8. It's a simple rollback that only takes a couple minutes.
I had the exact same issue. AC 1.10.90 works just fine with RC 1.6

the drone cannot communicate with the controller. Further, the firmware will not support a rollback.

Before you went to 1.10, what were you using? What about your RC?

Also, yes, the RC is on "8". Aircraft is on "10". The trouble is, the latest firmware does not support rollback. I have given it a go, to no avail.

You can try a few things.
Since you said that the "drone cannot communicate with the controller", check that the AC and the RC are linked. When both the AC and RC are powered on, does your RC have a red or green led? If red, you should try to relink the two.

If you actually meant that your Android device does not communicate with the controller, you can make sure that your device is using USB for data transfer and not just for charging. This has proven to be a relatively common problem with Android devices. What you'll need to do is go into your notifications, and tap the USB connection entry. Try one of the settings other than charge only. MTP seems to work often for people.

If you are sure it is related to your move to 1.10, you can easily go back to 1.9 and stop there but it is by unofficial means so there is some risk even if very low.
Check out this thread:
Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6

Also, you can try to downgrade your RC to 1.6. It has been reported often here that people have had video issues with AC1.10 / RC1.8 which have been fixed by going back to RC1.6. However, since you specifically said that the "drone cannot communicate with the controller", this particular suggestion does not seem to align with the problems often reported with RC1.8. I'm just mentioning it here as something safe and easy to try if nothing else has worked. I doubt it will help you however.

Reactions: JoBe and Apilot101
Since you said that the "drone cannot communicate with the controller", check that the AC and the RC are linked. When both the AC and RC are powered on, does your RC have a red or green led? If red, you should try to relink the two.

If you actually meant that your Android device does not communicate with the controller, you can make sure that your device is using USB for data transfer and not just for charging. This has proven to be a relatively common problem with Android devices. What you'll need to do is go into your notifications, and tap the USB connection entry. Try one of the settings other than charge only. MTP seems to work often for people.

If you are sure it is related to your move to 1.10, you can easily go back to 1.9 and stop there but it is by unofficial means so there is some risk even if very low.
Check out this thread:

Also, you can try to downgrade your RC to 1.6. It has been reported often here that people have had video issues with AC1.10 / RC1.8 which have been fixed by going back to RC1.6. However, since you specifically said that the "drone cannot communicate with the controller", this particular suggestion does not seem to align with the problems often reported with RC1.8. I'm just mentioning it here as something safe and easy to try if nothing else has worked. I doubt it will help you however.
post script - I did try manipulating the USB connection, however the DJI app seems to force the type of USB connection, so anything I tried was immediately overridden.

There simply is no valid reason for a legitimate software company {and DJI IS a software company to a degree, make no mistake] to support a wide array of software versions. All (successful) large software vendors eventually sunset (cancel) old versions of software as it is a worst practice to support legacy software for financial reasons. As DJI has a multifaceted business model that is hardware and niche based, expecting them to support software versions going back more than 2 or 3 iterations is not sensible, IMO.

DJI will impress upon its customers, (whether they like it or not) this very fact when the next firmware upgrade is released in the event you have not read what lies in store for us DJI product owners very VERY soon.

Safe Flying ... it's all good. This time will be one of those "remember when ... " conversations ...

;)

The trouble is, the latest firmware does not support rollback. I have given it a go, to no avail.
False.. see below.

Check out this thread:

Thank you Oso for taking the time to do this write up.

Reactions: Oso
My aircraft is on 1.9.60 and I won't touch 1.10.90 with a ten foot barge pole.

I'm a new P3A owner, and upgraded to the latest firmware (1.10) when I first got it, have only flown one afternoon, mostly in beginner mode.

Since 1.10 is all I know (this is my first bird ever), I'm curious as to why 1.10 is not to your liking?

AIR PAD 2
P3A

Last edited:
DJI has added limitations during the firmware upgrades. Many stopped upgrading before NFZ was implemented. Many stopped at 1.4 before height limit loophole was closed. Many if not most issues people have been having is errors only after doing the "latest" update.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures