solid red light on controller

Reaction score
I had the controller updated with a blue light. The drone would not update with my phone. I was able to get the drone updated with assistant 2. Now the controller has a solid red light when powered on, then after a while it starts to beep. When I plug it into my computer to use assistant 2 it says unknown device?

The dji go 4 app shows disconnected in black. Tried to force downgrade of software and no older versions are there. everything in the app says N/A.

If I plug in the drone and use the assistant 2 on my computer it says update complete.....all o.k.

Just tried again with assistant 2. factory reset and then updated to V01.05.0300
Update complete green check. "MC" is green check.
plug in controller and "mc" is red. curser is red circle with line through it.

Just to eliminate the easy stuff, have you tried a different cable between the RC and your phone?
Try a reset on the controller? turn on the RC, hold C1, C2, and the record button, then turn off and turn on the RC again to check.

I had the controller updated with a blue light. The drone would not update with my phone. I was able to get the drone updated with assistant 2. Now the controller has a solid red light when powered on, then after a while it starts to beep. When I plug it into my computer to use assistant 2 it says unknown device?
Question - did everything work well before you changed the FW?

yes.......I updated the controller......all said it worked fine. I updated the drone and all said fine. Now the dji app does not recognize the controller. Red status light on controller now. Both assistant 2 and go 4 app says disconnected or unrecognized device.
I did the controller reset and it made no difference.

I found a video of how to reload the firmware for the controller on a pro plus. It showed downloading a firmware .bin file on to an" sd" card and putting into the pro plus card slot. My pro , does not have a card slot. I can't figure out how to get it from the sd card reader on my computer to the controller?

yes.......I updated the controller......all said it worked fine. I updated the drone and all said fine. Now the dji app does not recognize the controller. Red status light on controller now. Both assistant 2 and go 4 app says disconnected or unrecognized device.
I did the controller reset and it made no difference.
Knowing for sure will help to narrow down next steps.

Just to clarify - you are saying that you started with a working and flying P4P that had with no issues. Is that correct?
That would mean that your hardware should still be okay.

After you first confirmed that all was working and flying okay with no issues, you made changes to the FW and now the app wont connect and the RC is red. Is that correct?
If so, that would mean it's now a software issue.

Reactions: Oso
I am brand new, but learning quickly. Seems there is an update issue with the software installation method. If the controller software version does no match the drone version there are disconnect messages in the app. the app can't see the controller and the controller can't see the drone.
I found my new good friend today at the Towson, Maryland Best Buy. (where I bought the drone). He got me fixed today. His name is Justin Buckner.It is of paramount importance to have the drone completely turned off when updating the controller. Evidently the software is written so that the drone always has priority. If the drone is turned on it will not let the software in the controller update.......does not matter if using the go 4 app or the assistant 2 software. update individually then reboot both and re-bind if necessary.Tthey bound automatically for me.

If the controller software version does no match the drone version there
That was the issue I was referring to. AC and RC Firmware must match. Not necessarily number wise but version wise.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164